Recording one channel and watching another?

mlehtola

Hi,

just bought Terratec Cinergy T2 (dvb-t) and it works fine with it's own software. Only thing is that if I would like to record one channel and watch another I can't do that. DVBViewer supports this, am I right? So I can totally freely watch what ever channel and record another one?

regards

Markku

Guest Lars_MQ
So I can totally freely watch what ever channel and record another one?

No of course not. Even the DVBViewer is not able to overcome the hardware limitations :bye:

You can watch and record one or more channels on the same transponder (frequency), but you can use mor than one card with the DVBViewer...

So I can totally freely watch what ever channel and record another one?

No of course not. Even the DVBViewer is not able to overcome the hardware limitations :bye:

You can watch and record one or more channels on the same transponder (frequency), but you can use mor than one card with the DVBViewer...

Ok, should I buy a second T2 or a different card? Is there a problem with remote control with two same cards I mean, or is there any other reason to get different cards?

AFAIK nobody tested two Cinergy T2 connected to one PC up to now. I have one Cinergy T2 and two SkyStar2 (satellite), and that works pretty well.

I'd say ask your dealer if he would take the second T2 back in case it doesn't work as expected.

Is there a problem with remote control with two same cards

No. The T2 remote control can be configured for DVBViewer quite well. It may be difficult if DVBViewer is running twice, but you can use both devices in one DVBViewer. Shouldn't be a problem.

BTW: Download and install the latest *BDA driver* for the T2 from the TerraTec site. DVBViewer won't work with a WDM driver and not so well with older BDA drivers.

Ok, should I buy a second T2 or a different card? Is there a problem with remote control with two same cards I mean, or is there any other reason to get different cards?

I am running one airstar2 and one Hauppauge HVR1100 in same PC with DVBW beta (and WIN2000SP4) and they work just fine. Hauppauge is running with DBA drivers. I have not tried Hauppauge remote since I had first the Airstar and I use that remote. There is no problem with the remote, remote is controlling the software not the card itself. It was even possible to record six channels and watch one simultaneously from two different mux (with my old pentium 700 PC).

It was even possible to record six channels and watch one simultaneously from two different mux (with my old pentium 700 PC).

Well that sounds interesting because I have also P3/700 (running webcam) and I might use that to build the whole thing instead of buying new stuff (so far just testing with laptop). What kind of graphics card do you have?

What kind of graphics card do you have?

ATI Radeon 9250 (passive cooling, no noisy fans). I thing that graphic card is not in big role, recordings don't need graphic card.

Again, the same card that I have been thinking.. :bye:

My P3 doesn't have usb 2.0 that is required by T2, so I will have to buy some new stuff...I will tell here how the project goes on with two T2's and everything..

thanks

regards

Markku

Ordered some stuff:

Connect3D Radeon 9250 SE 128MB DDR+TV 64

Kingston HyperX 512MB DDR 400MHz PC3200

Asus K8V-X SE Socket 754 ATX

D-Link AirPlus DWL-G510 11/54Mt

AMD Sempron 64 2600+ socket 754

Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 160GB UltraATA

Arctic-Cooling Silentium T2 450W ATX

Zalman CNPS7700-AlCu

Terratec Cinergy T2 - second one

Should be quite silent...what you think?

Is there a problem with remote control with two same cards
No. The T2 remote control can be configured for DVBViewer quite well. It may be difficult if DVBViewer is running twice, but you can use both devices in one DVBViewer. Shouldn't be a problem.

Are you using girder? Can you tell me how to configure rc to work, please?

Markku

• 3 weeks later...