Two USB Yakumo Quickstick connected to one PC

no prece ja

It is possible to use two single USB tuners in on PC with DVBViewer simultaneously? - for example two Yakumo Quickstics. How it will behave? Will I be able to switch channels when i record? Can manage DVBViewer in scheduled recording record two channels from another multiplexes at the same time?

Edited by no prece ja
It is possible to use two single USB tuners in on PC with DVBViewer simultaneously?

I'm using three DVB tuners, one USB, two PCI. :bye:

for example two Yakumo Quickstics.

AFAIK nobody from this forum tried two Yakumo in one PC up to now. If there are no driver issues, it will be no problem for DVBViewer.

Will I be able to switch channels when i record?

Yes

Can manage DVBViewer in scheduled recording record two channels from another multiplexes at the same time?

Yes

Applies to DVBViewer GE and the current DVBViewer Pro Beta.

• 2 weeks later...
It is possible to use two single USB tuners in on PC with DVBViewer simultaneously?

Are you running it already? I'm also building a box with two usb sticks (Terratec Cinergy T2), but I'm still waiting for the parts so I haven't able to test it yet with two sticks (one is working great). What Windows do you have?

Are you running it already? I'm also building a box with two usb sticks (Terratec Cinergy T2), but I'm still waiting for the parts so I haven't able to test it yet with two sticks (one is working great). What Windows do you have?

Today I test it with Terratec Cinergy T2 (I stole it from my brother ;) ) together with my own Yakumo Quickstick. It works great!! I record simultaneously (at one time) succesfuly one channel at 506 MHz and another at 818 MHz. I have DVBViewer version 3.4.9 BETA (at oldest version is imposible to have two tuners - but it is ok because this beta version is stable), and I have Windows XP Service Pack 2. I have notebook with Intel Pentium Mobile 1.4 Ghz, GeForce 5200 64 mb ram - and consumtion of procesor was 50 - 60%(Cyberlink Video decoder and Moonlight Audio Decoder)

Edited by no prece ja
Today I test it with Terratec Cinergy T2 (I stole it from my brother ;) ) together with my own Yakumo Quickstick. It works great!!

That was expected (DVBViewer IS nice software). I really hope that we don't run into any problems when running two same sticks (possible driver conflict or something).

regards

Markku

Edited by mlehtola