Background recording

feucar

Hi all,

my DVBViewer is configured to start in full screen and "on top" it is always visible.

Now 'id like to configure it in a way that set it in "background" that is put it in icon mode (either iconized in taskbar or system tray) and muted (without audio) when a recording setting is running.

I'm using "windows task scheduler" option.

Is there a method for this ?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by feucar

yup, this one comes with the next release. It is a fully working recording service. If there is no DVBViewer running it records all scheduled channels in background with almost no cpu usage. Even on a 500 Mhz Pentium you wont see more than 1% cpu usage while its recording :bye:

Christian

Guest Lars_MQ

Don't know excactly if the taskscheduler supports commandline options but:

DVBViewer with -m commandline and set disableAV for timer or disableAV when minimized.

yup, this one comes with the next release. It is a fully working recording service. If there is no DVBViewer running it records all scheduled channels in background with almost no cpu usage. Even on a 500 Mhz Pentium you wont see more than 1% cpu usage while its recording :)

Christian

Any idea (very roughly) when the next version will be out? I just bought DVBViewer for unattended recordings only to find it's unsuited to it right now. The ability to initiate recordings via command-line parameters would be great too.

Mind you, I can't even get a picture out of the current version. Channels are detected and tune in OK, but nothing ever gets to the screen or recorded file.

Edited by AMacdonald
Guest Lars_MQ
Channels are detected and tune in OK, but nothing ever gets to the screen or recorded file.

Well most likely a problem of your system not the DVBViewer.

Channels are detected and tune in OK, but nothing ever gets to the screen or recorded file.

Well most likely a problem of your system not the DVBViewer.

Altogether possible, but the only way to find out is to buy the software and that hurts a bit. I'm not a PC newbie by any means (20 years experience, currently employed in a senior technical IT role supporting 5000 staff, software developer etc) and other TV receiving software works on this machine.

I'll get to the bottom of it in the end but if I'd been able to evaluate the software in the first place, I might have decided not to put in the effort.

• 2 months later...
yup, this one comes with the next release. It is a fully working recording service. If there is no DVBViewer running it records all scheduled channels in background with almost no cpu usage. Even on a 500 Mhz Pentium you wont see more than 1% cpu usage while its recording :(

Christian

Is this feature implemented in V3.5.0.1 already? If it is, how can I find out how to use it?

Hello !

Sorry gents either you are talking about different things, or my english is much worse than I thought.

Recording without A/V enabled (Audio/Video) is already possible.

See under Settings /Recording A/V disabled.

In this case the DVBViewer soes not use much CPU Power.

(On a 2000 MHz Athlon XP 0-2 %)

Start minimized can be done as described.

As discussed earlier somewhere the DVBViewer uses the existing

Windows Scheduler and it works fine with it.

@Hachbart

Did I understood you right : A DVBViewer Scheduler / scheduling Service is planned?

With only using mandatory routines without starting the ""whole"" Program ?

That would be apreciated hence I can live without it, as described above.

How can you tell that the Channels are tuned in the right way ?

(Without hearing are seeing anything ?)

Suggestion:

Search for support program and give requested information.

Or

Get a channel list from here and import it.

In some cases that helped me geting channels i have lost, or that does not work.

(For what reason ever. Because I checked the settings in the channel list several times and they seemed to be identical.)

Good luck

Guest Lars_MQ
Did I understood you right : A DVBViewer Scheduler / scheduling Service is planned?

With only using mandatory routines without starting the ""whole"" Program ?

That would be apreciated hence I can live without it, as described above.

It is the complete recording engine of the DVBViewer, without any output to screen, no exess stuff like osd, playlist channellist representation etc, so it is small and fast, it can even run without a user logged in and wake the computer without external program and so on. It's not planned it's quite finished (working on my and christians pc), but most likely it won't get published soon.

but most likely it won't get published soon.

Is there any reason for that?

Some weeks ago it was already "confirmed" for the final (Lars in my last post regarding "recording service").

Are there so many problems?

• 2 weeks later...
No, no software problems. I simply don't have enough time to do the support for it.

That's too bad. I even would be interested in an unsupported version. Is there any chance that you may think over it again in the future?