Multi Hardware, Network Server Request

MattHeys

I am using a DVB-T device in a client server relationship and it works ok to a degree. (I think the main problems is the spec of the server machine.)

The feature I want to suggest is to be able to set the server up with multiple DVB-T Devices, each one set to a certain transponder/frequency.

In my area there are 5 Transponders that carry every channel, If it was possible to setup the server to point it to 5 different DVB-T devices each one on it's own frequency.

Then when I change channel in the Network client when it sends the frequency down to the server, instead of retuning, the server just selects the DVB-T device that is pre set to that Transponder.

This would then allow me to implement this at work where there would be multiple clients wanting multiple channels, every client wouldn't be restricted to one set of channels they could then choose everything.

I guess ports could be an issue unless you could bond them together somehow, maybe a different option in the client like "Unicast Multi Transponder Device" and it uses the start port that you specify and port numbers in sequence after that. (Set as 2000 Server chooses 2001,2002,2003,2004 for the rest)

Sorry if i've mixed up my "Transponders" and "Frequencies" terminoligy.