User List

fesche

Salut !

How about a detailed List of Hardware / Software combinations which are working for others fine. I have something in my mind like a huge table in Form of:

Nickname, DVBViewer Version, plugins, PVR-Tool, SkyStar-Driver, IRed Software, IR-plugins, Graphic-card, driver version

and a brief description how one uses this combination. Maybe It would also be helpful if you add columns like MPG-encoder software, cutter SW, installed codecs (like divx311 or ffdshow or EasyDivx or what else...)

Then I would expect how you archive your recordings if you do so (CD-R, DVD-R, HDD ?)

What do you think about this ?

Guest Michael
Salut !

How about a detailed List of Hardware / Software combinations which are working for others fine. I have something in my mind like a huge table in Form of:

Nickname, DVBViewer Version, plugins, PVR-Tool, SkyStar-Driver, IRed Software, IR-plugins, Graphic-card, driver version

and a brief description how one uses this combination. Maybe It would also be helpful if you add columns like MPG-encoder software, cutter SW, installed codecs (like divx311 or ffdshow or EasyDivx or what else...)

Then I would expect how you archive your recordings if you do so (CD-R, DVD-R, HDD ?)

What do you think about this ?

hmmm a bit too complicated and static :rolleyes:

but maybe worth a try...

Yes it would be fine, but its a very big todo!

and we would need a good programmer for a database nad with a good webinterface and you need an a webserver for this database.

I think this is a little bit to much.

You can achieve this with a Yahoo! group - They provide dynamic databases with each user being able to add/modify his own data.

It's then not longer within the DVBViewer forum context - but who cares?

The other question, however is, how useful might that list be?

Cheers from Ireland,

Matthy

yahoo makes this?! Thats new for me. This could be nice but how many people would realy use this? In the past i learned that mostly the people use only things where they dont must do anything themself.

And this database is only usefull if many users would put in their datas.

look here: http://de.groups.yahoo.com/group/dvbviewerSS2

I have created a yahoo group for this. You find the datbase on "Datenbank" I think first you must login (with your own yahoo account) The database is named "DVBViewer" There you can make a entry "Datensatz hinzufügen" for this , with following datas:

DVBViewer version, cpu, RAM, graphic card, mpg2 filter, directXversion, WMP version, Renderer, SS2driver version, problems/ commentaries

Have a look if this is what you want.

cheers

Steffen

Supergeil !

Salut!

I am impressed. I just had an idea... but it looks quite good. If others are interested, too, maybe we could set a link on DVBviewers homepage ? Okay, later ! If there are more than three entries :-)

Can we expand that table ? How about columns for MPG-tools (like pvastrumento, etc.)