Total DVBS nOOb needs help !

Biomanniax

hi all. i am very new to all this DVB stuff and have no prior knowledge of satellite dishes. i have bought myself a silverstone case with remote control and a Skystar2 Satellite card, cause i wanted to change from my old, not digital satellite receiver to a new HTPC system.

The problem im facing is following:

we are having two separate satellite dishes on our roof, one is for Astra (1D as far as i know) and the onther one is for French Tv channels (eutelsat i guess, but im not sure!)

As i know that both are working with my old receiver it should be possible to get them to work with the skystar card...no? as i have no idea about Disecq settings and LNB configuration i am looking for very precise and simple ;) informations to get me started on how to configure 2 satellite dishes...... thanks alot !!

b.t.w. i want to use Mediaportal to run on my HTPC, is there anyone who can point me on how to setup my skystar2 with mediaportal....!???

i hope someone can help me, cause i don't even know for what infos to look for!!

cheers.

thanks for the MP forum, but im actually trying to understand on how to setup this skystar card, and was hoping for any explanations or settings to use to get my 2 dishes to work at least with DVBViewer, and sorry for pointing out MP didn't want to offense anyone here.... ;)

is there any general information on what settings i need to setup Astra and Eutelsat..... ?

thanks for any help