No video or sound...

Clint C

Hi,

I've been happily using ProgDVB for viewing via my Skystar1 CI card but now have a need to watch the BBC HD channel so after a bit of looking it seemed that DVBViewer would fit the bill. However, since purchasing the product yesterday evening I've not had any video or sound on any channel let alone BBC HD channel.

I fired ProgDVB back up and it's still working fine.

So my question to you knowledgeable folk is what am I doing wrong?

Is there a "Getting started" guide somewhere that I've missed?

Thanks in advance.

Clint.

Just tried it again. I have sound on the last channel I selected before closing the program. If I select another program I get the sound for a while then the program hangs and I have to force it to end.

I await your response eagerly.

Thanks in advance.

Clint.

Hmm, I just uninstalled the DVBViewer and re-installed. I chose the option on installation not to install the channel lists, so I could scan for them myself. Did the scan then exited DVBViewer. I then went back into it, it picks up one channel, no video just sound, and I can't change channels, then after about 10 seconds the program hangs and I have to force it to exit. After the 10 second thing the audio stops also.

Any ideas? This is doing my head in now...

Clint.

Unfortunately I can't see from your support.zip which DVB card you are using. Please tell me.

Anyway, things you can do (some blind shots):

- First try to make the "normal" MPEG2 broadcasts work. Stay away from H.264 transmissions for the moment, so it gets clear what we are talking about.

- Upgrade your installation with DVBViewer Pro Beta from the members area, beta section. It has advanced capabilities to deal with hardware / drivers. Read the included PDF (important).

- Try DVBViewer GE (again: read the included ReadMe!). The GE version is not so sophisticated, thus less error-prone. Maybe it will make it easier for you to find out what's wrong. Upgrade the installation with the latest 1.9.5.3 test version from the beta section, if you like (will become the next release soon).

Griga, good news, you can sleep peacefully again. Both the DVBViewer Pro Beta and the GE Beta versions are working fine.... I had another go with the original program but still the same issue but hey, at least I'm up and running now. Thanks a lot. :D