Some questions non answered in the newbie section.

esperado

1- About time shift. If i start a timeshift recording and i do a pause of, let say 1 hour, and if i play after this pause, the playing stop suddently after some hours (2 ?) of playing, without warning. Just the image is frozen and i can forward and playback up to this point thye real time. Don't the Timeshift works in a fifo mode like many other progs ? Any way to correct this point ? (My timeshift file shows a constant size of 3,99GO ).

2- I use a double screen config. (Nvidia drivers) with a Nvidia Geforce FX5900Xt graphic card. (tnt 300I Pinnacle tv card).

The main screen is a LCD with my desktop and where DVBViewer is in a window.

The second one (crt) is set to show vmr9/overlay in full screen. With overlay everything is ok. With VMR9, if an other window cover the DVBViewer window on my main LCD screen, the full screen show an image full screen cut in two parts (vertical bar) on the CRT. DVBViewer is not the only prog with such a behavior, but i have two progs (Original pinnacle mediacenter, and Pouchain tv) with not this problem.

Anyway to manage this (overlay give not a so beautiful image and no OSD) ?

3--Any way to get the analog composite inputs of my TNTcard working in DVBViewer ? or am-i obliged to use K!TV only for that ?

4-Can somebody explain how works EPG in DBviewer ? Did-it takes his infos via internet on a commercial site like XMLTV does ? Did it use some infos from terrestrial streams ? I have add the plugin in order to get XMLTV full infos, but i cant see no changes. Only the actual prog is shown with the next one in time line for all channels. No way to get the week or more ?

What am-i doing wrong ?

Apologize for those long questions, my bad English, and thanks in advance for your help.

BTW, i'm working on a page about DVBViewer on my site. Review, help to install and configure:

http://esperado.dyndns.tv/fr/pvr_htpc_sat_tnt.html (in work)

It is in french, may-be you can Laugh with google tranlations ? Feel free to comment.

Have a good day,everybody.

Guest Lars_MQ

1. No it's a continous file and no we wont change that :D

2. It's a definetely a driver problem, nothing we can do.

3. No, this ist not possible, the DVBViewer only supports dvb.

4. EPG is a part of DVB. The DVBViewer extracts the epg out of the DVB TS Stream. How much epg you get is completly up to the tvstations.

If you have SAT search for the GuideTV channel, which transmitts tons of epg for a lot french channels (I think).

1. No it's a continous file and no we wont change that :D

I think i understand why ;-)

2. It's a definetely a driver problem, nothing we can do.

As i said, two progs are dealing ok with this prob. How did they do ? well not a blocking issue.

3. No, this ist not possible, the DVBViewer only supports dvb.

Even if i create a working graphedit file for the composite entry of my card ?

Oh (i'm kidding) i forget a question: anyway to get *more* than 10 favourite channels available to my remote ?

Thanks for your previous answers, Lars.

Guest Lars_MQ
Oh (i'm kidding) i forget a question: anyway to get *more* than 10 favourite channels available to my remote ?

Which version do you use? This was changed in the current beta.