Does the Nova-S-Plus really do DiSEqC?

brightside

From searching the forum I see I am not the only one to have a problem with this, but other than references to testers results I can't find anyone categorically claiming to have this working.

If anyone actually does have DVBViewer + Nova-S-Plus working with a 4-way DiSEqC switch could they please post what combination of drivers / application they are using.

If I install the driver 88x_2_113_24030 from hauppauge.de and DVBViewer pro V3.2.6.80 from the download area I can only tune channels on the satellite at the first switch position whatever combination of Pos/Opt I use.

If I install the public beta (V3.4.9.261) of DVBViewer I have more success - I can't scan across the transponders on a satellite but I can manually scan a specific frequency and find channels. If I save these in a channel list I can tune to them later but only using the local beta DVBViewer client. DVBserver (which I need for my setup) can't tune to them - it can only see the satellite on the first switch position.

To verify that my hardware is OK I installed the trial version of MyTheatre and it worked perfectly.

From searching the forum I see I am not the only one to have a problem with this, but other than references to testers results I can't find anyone categorically claiming to have this working.

i have exactly same problem with almost same setup (lnb1= HB, lnb2= Astra2, lnb3=Astra1) i am stuck on HB lnb1 with DVBViewer pro and latest beta whereas MY Theatre works perfectly.

I've worked on it some time ago. Since I have no Nova S Plus, I had to rely on a tester's feedback, and finally he reported that it's ok.

Seems we have to look at it again. First try DVBViewer GE from the members area, in order to check wether it is a general or a DVBViewer Pro issue (and read the included Readme!). After having installed the package, additionally download GE 1.9.5.3 from the beta section and replace DVBViewer GE\DVBViewer.exe.

If it doesn't work with DVBViewer GE, please attach the zipped Setup.ini.

Sorry for delay - other things to deal with last couple of days. Have now tried the 1.9.5.3 version of the GE viewer and it works perfectly.

Does this mean that we can hope to see new beta versions posted sometime soon ? Any time before the world cup would be cool :bye: .

Please, please, please don't forget the DVBserver app though!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Griga - just wondering if there is any news on this problem yet?

I have tried out the new betas as they were posted in the members area and have made some progress. The first beta I tried would tune to a channel on LNB 2 or 3 once ie. on startup of DVBViewer. If I try to change the channel later to another one on LNB 2 or 3 then no pic or sound.

The good news for me is that with the latest 2 betas this is now the same with DVBserver - I can tune once to the last channel selected on each restart. Not ideal but at least I can get a signal into my living room now and can concentrate on getting HD channels to work on my system.

From the posts elsewhere in this forum I suspect you'll have the DiSEqC problem with the Nova-S-Plus sorted long before I can get BBC HD to work acceptably ;)

If it's any help, the server.log (PC 1) and debug.log (PC 2) files from the following sequence are attached :

Start DVBserver on PC 1

Start DVBViewer on PC 2

Auto selects last channel selected - BBC HD trial with AC3 (pic & sound OK)

Manually select BBC 1 from the channel list (no pic or sound)

Manually select BBC 2 from the channel list (no pic or sound)

Close DVBViewer on PC 2

Close DVBserver on PC 1

debug.log server.log

well the viewer correctly detects the novasplus. does something change if you disable "Stop stream on..." in the options -> hardware?

Superb - it works. Thanks Lars. ;)

It also seems to have fixed the problem with DVBserver. Is this what you would expect? Does it share the settings file with DVBViewer?

Guest Lars_MQ

Yes it does and the stuff with the stopstream is even written in the readme.pdf, you could have solved it a lot faster if you would have read it :blush:;)

Yes it does and the stuff with the stopstream is even written in the readme.pdf, you could have solved it a lot faster if you would have read it :blush:  ;)

Yes I saw that but I didn't think the symptoms were the same. I could tune and change channels no problem on LNB 1 just not on LNB 2 or 3 so I thought the problem was DiSEqC related.

You are probably right though in that I should have tried it anyway just to see if it worked.