How to zap more than 10 channels via remote

esperado

Lars asked-me my version: It is the last beta.

Just i do not find a way: "Learn" only take one input and can only be mapped to 0 to 9 favourite/channels.

Because there is only 10 buttons on the remote, the only way would be that the prog takes two inputs (1+2 for an example) to goes to channels greater than 9 (here 12).

Seems it does not work that way.

Please, please, any tip ?

Guest Lars_MQ

Please use the apropriate forum part for posting! -> moved.

What are you doing? simply press 1 and 2 and you get favorite 12 if you configured the numbers for favorites. It's the same like the channelselection.

Please use the apropriate forum part for posting! -> moved.

Sorrry, it was not so obvious where to post-it.

What are you doing? simply press 1 and 2 and you get favorite 12 if you configured the numbers for favorites. It's the same like the channelselection.

Well, something like a bug:

Favourites and channels are listed from 0 to 9 in DVBViewer :-(

So, if you swap your first channel, you have to press 0.

Reason why i had mapped the key "1" to favourite "0", 2 to 1, and key 0 to favourite 9. And it was not working with repeated inputs(or crash, or only the last key), as 1+0 command was doing 0+9).

See what i mean ? (and old programation story).

Ok, i' had put now a fake channel in first place in favourite and channels, and mapped 1 to 1, 2 to 2 etc and it is perfect now. May-be that can be corrected ?

Thanks for your help, Lars.

Edited by esperado
Guest Lars_MQ
Reason why i had mapped the key "1" to favourite "0", 2 to 1, and key 0 to favourite 9.

Well you are telling me, you didn't like the concept of starting at 0 and so remapped all keys to point one lower and then wondering, why you can't select 2 digits channel propperly and complain it as a bug??

I'm sorry but you can't be serious.

[i'm sorry but you can't be serious.

I'm a programmer too. And a human beeing. As a human, i number from 1 to where i want. Not from 0. ;)

The crash with 0+x was the bug.

It is currently admited that channel 0 is reserved on remotes for composite inputs, or so on.

Realy, don't you thing it should be better, and more intuitive to number from 1 ?

I was not complaining, i can mannage-it. Just a remark to help your nice prog being better.

BTW: did-you see my two posts with files about channels for France and Pinnacle remote ?

Did-you plan to use them in your prog, or put thoses files in the download area for they will be not lost for the community ?

I was waiting a remark about the 166/167 offset prob with scan i submited.

Edited by esperado
Guest Lars_MQ
I'm a programmer too.

That's no excuse. :P A handicap maybe but no excuse ;)

I was waiting a remark about the 166/167 offset prob with scan i submited.

Uhm, where did you post that?

And for the files, I'll ask christian, how we handle them ;)

Uhm, where did you post that?

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12603

And for the files, I'll ask christian, how we handle them ;)

For the "Pinnacle.remote", i have to update a stupid "keys to point one lower " prob with my file :P

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12739

Will edit tomorrow, don't kill-me in between, i have children. ;)

[edit: File update done.]

Have a good night Lars. And thanks again for your care.

BTW I made a elogious page (will add photos ?) about DVBViewer with an help for install/configure on my site:

http://esperado.dyndns.tv/fr/pvr_htpc_sat_tnt.html

(Did-you speak french better than i do for English ?)

Edited by esperado