Problems with FireDTV, need some help...

MrMartino

Hello!

I just bought DVBViewer recently and installed the latest beta, but end up with "0 channels found" after having done a scan...

Im using FireDTV-T (throu firewire) and live in sweden. My friend has almost the same HTPC setup and same tv-card (also same tv provider) and his DVBViewer finds all channels.

It seems very strange because im also using FireDTV with Mediaportal and MCE and i have never had any problems finding channels with those applications and they still works great now...

I bought DVBViewer because of the HDTV support (since football World Cup will be broadcasted in h264 here in sweden in a few days, but now i dont know what to do anymore :P Seems like ive tried everything.

Few hours ago i kept getting a "Hardware Not available" everytime i started the program, but now the message dont show up anymore atleast ;)

Here is my configuration:

Settings>Options>Hardware:

--------------------------------

FireDVT BDA Tuner DVBT

Tuner Type Terrestial

State: Preferred

Stop Stream while tuning (ON)

Has CI module (ON)

DIrectX:

Tried all kinds of codecs (nvidia, dscaler, mpv...) with no difference ;)

Channel Scan:

----------------

Reception Type: Terrestial

Transponder List: EUR

My HTPC setup is:

--------------------

P4 3.0Ghz HT

512Mb RAM

GF 6600GT & Directx 9c

Windows Media Center Edition + all needed updates and patches.

FireDTV drivers 4.3.3.0

Would really appretiate some help...

Thanks in advance

Martin

Sweden

My friend has almost the same HTPC setup and same tv-card (also same tv provider) and his DVBViewer finds all channels.

What about using your friend's channellist? It's the file channels.dat, but both of you have to check where it is located - it depends on the User Mode. Read more about it here.

My friend has almost the same HTPC setup and same tv-card (also same tv provider) and his DVBViewer finds all channels.

What about using your friend's channellist? It's the file channels.dat, but both of you have to check where it is located - it depends on the User Mode. Read more about it here.

I can confirm that FireDTV works with the latest DVBViewer Pro, ie the premium version. As far as I know, it wont work with the free TE reason (for obvious reasons). Please make sure you use driver 2.3 for Fire/FloppyDTV and that you have the correct ones installed, the ones for boxer and not the general ones included with MyTheatre (this only applies to DVB-T in sweden).

/pJ

A few days ago I made a new installation of Windows XP and had a similar problem. I only installed the BDA driver (without MyTheatre) and DVBViewer did not work.

The reason: Because I use the Common Interface, I had to start the „CommonInterface.exe“ which will be installed with the FireDTV BDA drivers. After starting the program I entered my Smartcard PIN, and switches off all restrictions. Now DVBViewer is working well with FireDTV. Maybe you give it a try (if you are using the CI, too).

I only installed the BDA driver (without MyTheatre) and DVBViewer did not work.

The reason: Because I use the Common Interface, I had to start the „CommonInterface.exe“ which will be installed with the FireDTV BDA drivers.

The latest version of the BDA drivers for FDTV does not include the CI-application as an external program. Instead, this is installed as a system driver. DVBViewer should work without the CI-application active in the system tray, provided that you are running the latest FDTV drivers.

Edited by LiMiT

I don’t know what you mean.

I installed the latest drivers (BDA Setup Version 2.3 Light) from digital-everywhere homepage and after installation the application “CommonInterface.exe” was available. Only after starting this program once, I could use the FireDTV also with DVBViewer (when the CI is plugged in).

But I agree, after that “initialization” there is no need for this application.