BBC HD, no video problem, Help!

Hi All,

Hope someone can help!

Got my TT1500 budget set up, and did a scan using dvb ge, found the bbc hd transmissions, but when I select the channel, I get a box with 'cannot render mediafile/output pin, error:0x80004005 (unknown error code)

Anyone able to offer any help?

I've got the PDVD trial version installed, as well as other stuff, but where do I start looking?

Cheers!

Dave

EDIT: Let me add this:

support.zip

Edited by bilbo
Hi All,

Hope someone can help!

Got my TT1500 budget set up, and did a scan using dvb ge, found the bbc hd transmissions, but when I select the channel, I get a box with 'cannot render mediafile/output pin, error:0x80004005 (unknown error code)

Anyone able to offer any help?

I've got the PDVD trial version installed, as well as other stuff, but where do I start looking?

Cheers!

Dave

EDIT: Let me add this:

According to your support files you're still using the last stable version 3.2.6.80.

To get support for H264 (BBCHD) you need to use the latest beta that also include the latest dvbsource. Plaese read the included readme!

Also notice that you need a (very) powerful PC...

Hi all, DVBViewer newbie here!

I'm having the exact same problem as bilbo but I am running 3.4.12.1. This really has me stumped I been trying to get this working all evening to no avail.

I am using Coreavc 1.1 with a terratec 2400i.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Marc

Hi all, DVBViewer newbie here!

I'm having the exact same problem as bilbo but I am running 3.4.12.1.  This really has me stumped I been trying to get this working all evening to no avail.

I am using Coreavc 1.1 with a terratec 2400i.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Marc

I suppose you can get the SD bbc channels to display OK so your basic system setup (Card, drivers, DVBViewer etc.) is OK.

In this case have you installed the H.264 kit from the members area? Without this you can't do much with the BBC HD stream.

Hi all, thanks for the replies.

SD streams are indeed working ok.

I have installed DVBViewer version 3.2.6 (not DVBViewer GE, should I be using GE?) I then copied the files for 3.4.12.1 (beta) on top of the original installation.

Corecodec is specified as the h.264 video codec and ac3filter for audio. Audio is working ok on the HD channels.

I haven't installed the h.264 kit, is this necessary if I am not running GE?

What is the difference between the GE and non-GE versions?

Thanks again,

Marc

I haven't installed the h.264 kit, is this necessary if I am not running GE?

It is sufficient to install DVBViewer Filter 2.8 from the members area, plugins section, that is capable of demultiplexing H.264 streams. The H.264 Kit provides two additional tools for analyzing / playing H.264 streams, and the ReadMe contains some hints (in case you want to dive deeper into this matter).