Problems with Hauppauge Nova-T Stick USB?

Stenu

Hello all,

I'm newbie with DVBViewer and with DVB-scene overall, but other computer related things I'm skilled to handle.

I just bought the Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T Stick (for USB2) and could not tune any channels. I read some forums and I was told that DVBViewer is the one and only solution to all DVB problems. Ok, I bought one and yes, I see channels and even can watch some programs.. Thanks for that.

1) But.. All moving things have strange looking borders.. I'll attach here one picture where the ball is moving from bottom to top. All movements looks like this and I thinkt that this is not a normal operation?

2) And.. Changing channels will usually hang the whole program. The picture just freezes and the progarm stops responding. Restarting the program gets it to work for as long as I change channels (some times the chaning procedure works just fine).

3) And one more.. With some channels the voice is not synced correctly with the film (voice comes a bit late).

I tried to search the forum if there are same kind of problems with other people too, but I could not find too many related posts. Maybe because I don't know right keywords yet.. Sorry if this is a very common scenario.

Some background information as asked:

Windows XP SP2 (when working with Win, I'll start to test it with Linux)

DVBViewer 3.4.12.1 (beta)

Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T Stick (with newest drivers)

ATI Radeon 9800 PRO

AMD Athlon 64 3000

support.zip

post-24264-1150136489_thumb.jpg

Guest Lars_MQ

As written in the readme.pdf (!) of the beta after installation go and check options -> directX don't leave the video and audio decoder to auto, try which decoder works best for you.

And please DO read the readme ;)

Actually I did, but I missed that part. Ok, no more fuzzines in movement. Thank you very much. Voice sync problem seems to got better. I'm not exactly sure if it is completelly gone, but I'll ask again if I can't solve that.

Channel switching is still generating problems and random hangs. I'll read the whole manual again if I have missed some part of that too.

But anyhow, thank you for pointing me to the right direction. And how fast!