TwinhanDTV Cab-CI scanning problem

Hi, I'm having troubles finding any channels in the DVBViewer Pro. I've already tried other programs such as MyTheatre and TwinhanDTV and those didn't have any problems scanning my channels correctly.

System: AMD Athlon64 3500+, ATI Radeon 9600 Pro, 1024Mb RAM

TV Card: TwinhanDTV Cab-CI (Mantis model 2033)

I've tried both standard and BDA drivers (newest versions from Twinhan's site). I've tried DVBViewer 3.2.6, DVBViewer GE and DVBViewer Beta 3.4.12.1. This far I've had best experiences with the beta version so I included those settings to this post.

Even though I've tried looking for directions through the forum and the manual, I haven't found any channels with the DVBViewer. Everything seems right until I press 'Scan'. The scan goes on without errors and seeks through all of the tunings in my INI file. In the end the program gives a message that no channels were found. Please note that I use the exact same scanning settings as with my other programs. The transponder INI file with my settings is also attached (I live in Oulu, Finland). Some users have reported successful scans with some special Twinhan compatible versions of the program but I haven't found any on the downloads section.

Feel free to ask if I've missed some crucial information about my system or settings.

setup.xml

support.zip

oulu2.ini

I think you also must (with BDA) use and register the current DVB filter (pushsource.ax) V 2.8.

Right, I downloaded the DVBViewer Filter 2.8 from the downloads page and registered it but nothing changed.

Am I supposed to use BDA drivers with DVBViewer? As I said, I've tried many different drivers but the official current BDA drivers (version 1.0.1.9) seem to work best. The weirdest thing is that when I try scanning with the current stable version of DVBViewer (3.2.6.80) it doesn't even seem to try. The program just plays a short sound and does nothing. The beta version takes longer because it actually goes through all the frequencies I've written in the INI file.

I attached a screenshot of my scanning window in the beta version. Maybe it would give some hints to this problem. As you can see, only the PAT button lights up while scanning. In the end all the buttons turn red.

I'm thinking that there should be a fully functional trial version of DVBViewer so that everybody could try if the program works on their card.

post-24378-1150585441_thumb.jpg

Everyone seems your DVBViewer-Settings to me correctly, the BDA driver still causes problems.

Your Cab CI (2033) has another Chipsatz (Mantis) as mine (2031 - Chipsatz 878).

Other users report the Mantis-SW version 1.0.1.5 of 4-11-6 works fine with myTheatre, the DVBViewer till now still with CI not correctly.

To the question's Trial version:

It no-one gives and no-one will give because of the experiences with pirate SW.

However, one can test, whether the hardware of his own is supported - with the tool TransEdit-Demo (download first side).

Sorry for my English

Of a member (maju) from Austria today:

Addition to 2033 or beta version:

The 2033 don't work beta with the current one!

One installs the 2033 with the enclosed driver, although finds the beta the Mantis card when starting if, however, the report appears the beta: no DVB device available.

The 1034 (Mantis DVB S CI) are strangely, there apparently exactly faultless in the same driver used and this for it for card the beta works ...

BTW: An upgrade of the driver on 1.0.1.9 didn't bring about any change.

Beta: 3,4,9,261

Second Info:

Sooooo isn't complicated:

There was a 2031 this one like all earlier Twinhan cards were based on the Conexant BT878 chip sentence. There are both WDM and BDA drivers for this chip sentence

Current 2033 2nd this one has the Mantis chip sentence. There only are more BDA drivers for this chip sentence.

That's space.

At the moment, it is only the problem that the DVBViewer supports the drivers of the BT878 chip sentence faultlessly. (Still) gives Mantis drivers problems on which Christian for certain gets a grip soon at this. To despair ... therefore no reason

Martin

======================================================

!!! Final-DVBViewer PRO 3.5 !!!

Edited by Engelbert

Thanks a lot for this information! Luckily I can use other programs to watch TV until DVBViewer works. So I just have to wait that DVBViewer gets BDA support for my Mantis 2033 chip. Should I post this problem in the bug report forum or are they fixing this already?

The problem isn't the DVBViewer but the BDA (only WinXP ?) driver.

Is in work. We wait a little.

Edited by Engelbert
  • 1 month later...
The problem isn't the DVBViewer but the BDA (only WinXP ?) driver.

Is in work. We wait a little.

I downloaded the newest BDA driver (1.0.2.4) from Twinhan's site but nothing changed. I still can't find any channels while scanning. I also downloaded the newest DVBViewer (3.5.0.4) and installed it with "Twinhan support" but it didn't help. Do I still have to wait for new drivers?

• 4 weeks later...
Please post some more information:

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2210

System: AMD Athlon64 3500+, ATI Radeon 9600 Pro, 1024Mb RAM

TV Card: TwinhanDTV Cab-CI (Mantis model 2033)

Driver: DTV-DVB Mantis BDA Receiver v.1.0.2.4

DVBViewer 3.5.0.4b

See the earlier posts for a detailed description of my problem. I've read the manual thoroughly and looked for relevant threads in this forum. Still no solution to my problem. All the necessary files are attached. Feel free to ask any information you need.

setup.xml

support.zip

DVBViewer.log

Edited by jtuulos

(Member area) read the Readme.PDF to PRO this one first!

Not leaving on <auto> but adjusting tightly under DirectX video and audio decoder.

Use the tool TransEdit ... with his instructions (member area).

Senderscans can be made in a convenient way and sorted at own discretion with that.

One also can if necessary help the transponder files on the jumps.

Edited by Engelbert
  • 3 weeks later...

I also have like jtuulos problems finding any channels in DVBViewer Pro(3.5.0) using Twinhan DTV Cab-CI M2033(mantis) TV-Card. So I downloated TransEdit.exe and I tired to scan channels with it. It doesn't find any channels either until I checked "Use standard interface" out on Hardware Tab in Settings Window. Then it finally found channels. :bye:

But but... When I sent channels list and transponders list modified by TransEdit to DVBViewer and tried to watch or to scan. It is no use. I cannot watch any channels from list nor scan them. I checked Hardware section in Settings and the driver has been checked correctly. But there wasn't any "Use standard interface"- check box in there. :bye: What did I miss? :wacko:

System: Amd Athlon 2700+, Nvidia Gforce2 200MX, 768Mb RAM, Onboard Sound chip Realtek AC'97

TV-Card: Twinhan DTV Cab-CI M2033(mantis), Driver: BDA V. 1.0.2.4

jariset

Hi Folks,

I am also using the Twinhan Mantis 2033 and I have the same problem. So I will try to describe it more precisely:

When I am using Transedit 3.0 oder DVBViewer GE 2.02 and I activate the "use standard interface" button, the transponder scan finds all channels, regardless if the use QAM64 or QAM256. If I deactivate the button "use standard interface", only the QAM64 channels can be found by the transponders scan.

The problem now is simple: DVBViewer Pro 3.5 ( also both newest betas ) does not have the button "use standard interface". Therefore it is not possibly to tune in channels using QAM256.

The same problem also appears when using other DVB Software, e.g. ProgDVB. So I assume that the BDA Driver from Twinhan is buggy concerning the selection of the modulation used ( QAM64 / QAM256 )

IMHO there are to solutions: The option "use standard interface" should be included to DVBViewer pro, because in DVBViewer GE und Transedit 3.0 it works fine.

Or we will have to wait for better BDA drivers from Twinhan where switching between QAM64 and QAM256 works correct.

C.U. NanoBot

Hi,

I have the same problem with my TwinhanDTV Cab.ci: No TV or radion stations found! :-(

I tried the Twinhan TV program (2.64 and 3.0 Beta), TransEdit and DVBViewer 3.5.1 but nothing worked.

Card: TwinhanDTV Cab.ci VP-20330 Ver.: 1.4 2005.12.22

Driver: BDA 1.0.1.9

Greetings,

Frank

support.zip

Edited by Frank Peters

The current BDA driver is V 1.0.2.4 or V 3.0: http://www.twinhan.at - TwinHan/DigitalRise.

DVBViewer GE (without CI) and PRO (with CI) are similar but not same.

DVBViewer PRO-Beta is newer V 3.5.22 (V3.5.0.22).

At present this one recommends himself for PowerDVD 6 as a video decoder of Cyberlink (better still 7, Trial suffices), the Ac3Filter paints both than an Audi decoder:

http://www.soft-ware.net/multimedia/audio/...licht=AC3Filter

We have carefully read the manual TransEdit. TransEdit (V 3.0.1) can very much more than the funktion scan into PRO/GE.

TransEdit prepares correct transmitter lists of all transponder lists (QAM 4-256 and everyone symbol rates).

@ jariset

The MANTIS works only with WinXP SP2 ???

If your transponder list is correct, .then finds TransEdit all transmitters?

PRO/GE doesn't need the transponder list but the right transmitter list (channels.dat).

@ NanoBot

Wrong transponder lists must bevore corrected (QAM64: 3, QAM256: 5).

@ Frank Peters

Replace BDA drivers!

Use the Ac3Filter paints both than as audio decoder.

Edited by Engelbert