DVBViewer 3.5.0 - Performance Problem

crwm74b4x

Hi, I have an AMD64 3400+, 1GB RAM, Twinhan VisionPlus CI card and the last version of DVBViewer (3.5.0).

I tried to watch Sky Italia HD Channels, in particular, "Sky Mondiale HD" (aka Sky Sport HD - 13°E freq: 11996 V) but when I select this channel the CPU go to 100% (cyberlink mpeg2 codec).

The channel is mpeg2 1920x1080.

The strange thing is that if I try to watch it with another software (ex. Alt-DVB or DVBDream) the cpu stay on 30/35% (same mpeg2 codec) so I don't think it's an hardware problem.

Any way to solve it?

Thanks

P.S. If I use DVBViewer to watch "Astra HD" or "Canal+ HD Promo" (both in mpeg2 1920x1080) I don't have any problem (CPU between 25/30%) so the problem in only witn Sky Italia HD Channels.

Maybe the Sky HD problem is that they use a HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital-Content Protection)...

Read the announce of a struggle against this liberty limitation from Altroconsumo (in italian)

More about HDCP from www.digitalconnection.com

:bye:

Ok, but why I can see Sky HD without any problem with the other software link Alt-DVB or DVBDream?

If the problem is that Sky Italia use HDCP I should have the same result with all the software... what's the difference between DVBViewer and the other free program?

Thank you.

Guest Lars_MQ
what's the difference between DVBViewer and the other free program?

You tell us. We surely don't know which settings you are using and where the differences are...

what's the difference between DVBViewer and the other free program?

You tell us. We surely don't know which settings you are using and where the differences are...

I use exactly the same setting... cyberlink video codec and overlay mixer for the rendering, so no differences in configuration but with DVBViewer CPU at 100% and with DVBDream or Alt-DVB CPU at 30/35%.

I also tested other mpeg2 video codec (nvdia and intervideo)... same result.

I don't understad why... it seems a dvbsource problem.

If I use DVBViewer to watch "Astra HD" or "Canal+ HD Promo" (both in mpeg2 1920x1080) I don't have any problem (CPU between 25/30%) so the problem in only witn Sky Italia HD Channels.

The Sky Italia HD channels are encrypted, aren't they? So if it works with unencrypted HD channels I guess it's a CI handling problem.

If I use DVBViewer to watch "Astra HD" or "Canal+ HD Promo" (both in mpeg2 1920x1080) I don't have any problem (CPU between 25/30%) so the problem in only witn Sky Italia HD Channels.

The Sky Italia HD channels are encrypted, aren't they? So if it works with unencrypted HD channels I guess it's a CI handling problem.

I don't think it's a CI handling problem because with the other encrypted sky italia channels everything it's ok... the problem it's only with sky hd.

I have seen very similar behavior when viewing BBC/ITV/C4 HD streams over DVB-T. These are h.264 with AC3 or MPEG1 audio. I am using the Cyberlink codec. Basically, if I view an h.264 stream using DVBViewer GE 2.0.1 or DVBViewer 3.5 the stream starts out smooth and then becomes randomly choppy after about 15 sec. I also see exactly the same behavior if I open a recorded HD stream in DVBViewer GE or DVBViewer. If I open the same file in Cyberlink PowerDVD, then playback is smooth - I see none of the stuttering that I see in DVBViewer. This leads me to suspect that the DVBViewer filter is causing a bottleneck somewhere.