Add a VMR9 renderer in direct 3D mode ...

Silenius

Hi,

as Pankov said in this post, the GB-PVR developpers found a solution to make their OSD "compatible" with nvidia graphic cards in VMR9 mode.

As it seems that nvidia do not plan to fix its driver soon, that would be great if you could add an option in the directX panel that allows nvidia users to run the last version of DVBViewer with VMR9 and hardware acceleration activated!

I don't know if the direct3D mode of VMR9 is the solution, but it seems to work GB-PVR... :arrow:

Thank you

Guest Lars_MQ

What about this workaround: I write a routine, which detects crappy nvidias and force a disable hardware accelleration. I bet nobody would notice the difference :arrow:

Hmm you can easily fix this by yourself?

If you use the Cyberlink Decoder, then try the attached registry patch. It just sets the PV_FOR_MCE under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cyberlink\Common\CLVSD to 0.

If you use the NVidia Codec simply disable the Hardware Acceleration and i'm not sure Intervideo was working.

By the way to deal with PureVideo (i never realized that this really works) you can also use the Cyberlink.

Christian

Hmm you can easily fix this by yourself?

If you use the Cyberlink Decoder, then try the attached registry patch. It just sets the PV_FOR_MCE under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cyberlink\Common\CLVSD to 0.

If you use the NVidia Codec simply disable the Hardware Acceleration and i'm not sure Intervideo was working.

By the way to deal with PureVideo (i never realized that this really works) you can also use the Cyberlink.

Christian

cyberlink.zip

Thank you Cristian for your answer.

But it doesn't work for me :huh:

I tried the patch but it doesn't change anything, I still have the image only in the fisrt 1/4 of the window.

My settings are:

Video output: VMR9

Video format detection: off

OSD VMR HT Fix: off (but ON doesn't change anything)

MPEG Video decoder: Cyberlink video/SP decoder (PDVD7)

Post Processor: <none>

I get fullscreen when I set Nvidia post processing instead of <none>, but the image is not as good as the one I get with DVBViewer 3.2.6 and post processor set to <none>.

I also get fullscreen when I disable hardware accelerator in Cyberlink decoder settings, but here again the image quality is worst than before :arrow:

I am very sad as I can not use the last DVBViewer version :(

Have you an idea?

Thanks

support.zip

Disabling hardware acceleration does not solve the problem, if you use the Elecard/MainConcept MPEG2 decoder

Edited by SnoopyDog