What's the best decoders to use with DVB Viewer Pro v3.5.0.1?

antdude

Hello all!

Currently, I am using:

MPEG2 video decoder: InterVideo Decoder from WinDVD v7

MPEG Audio Decoder: MPEG Audio Decoder

MPEG AC3 Decoder: AC3 Filter

Are there better decoders than these for digital TV (ATSC in U.S.A)? Visual clarity and computer performance (Athlon 64 3200+ 754 CPU; single core; Windows XP Pro. SP2 awith all updates [32-bit]) would be important to me. I used to use Sonic's CineMaster decoder that came with DVD Viewer Technisat Edition, but it doesn't work welll in the latest Pro version due to display problems on some channels.

Also, I noticed I sometimes get stuck image for a few seconds (can be long as 10 seconds) when I fast forward, rewind, or pause with hot keys or player's buttons. This is in timeshift mode. Is this normal? I never had this problem in TE version with Sonic decoder.

Thank you in advance. <_<

Edited by antdude
Guest Lars_MQ

Well as probably everybody else is watching soccer (it's as popular here as football and baseball and basketball together with you guys <_< ), I'll answer :blush:

The sonic decoder works fine also for ATSC sources, at least that's what we were told from our tester in usa (a guy from B2C2 the "inventors" and driver developpers of the *Star cards) and what we could test ourselfs with the atsc transpoder recordings we got.

Maybe if you rename your setup.xml, start the DVBViewer and only set the options-> directX decoders (and leave everything else to it's default) there is a difference?

Well as probably everybody else is watching soccer (it's as popular here as football and baseball and basketball together with you guys <_< ), I'll answer :blush:

The sonic decoder works fine also for ATSC sources, at least that's what we were told from our tester in usa (a guy from B2C2 the "inventors" and driver developpers of the *Star cards) and what we could test ourselfs with the atsc transpoder recordings we got.

Maybe if you rename your setup.xml, start the DVBViewer and only set the options-> directX decoders (and leave everything else to it's default) there is a difference?

I was using the defaults earlier, but I wasn't getting picture on channels (blank black or blank green although OSD did show up). I also had no problems with an earlier beta build from a month(?) ago before I upgraded to v3.5.0.1. I am using Sonic from TechniSat's setup. Edited by antdude

I use the Cyberlink Decoder from PDVD7. It works very well without any lags. In HDTV too.. <_<

mfg Steffen

I use the Cyberlink Decoder from PDVD7. It works very well without any lags. In HDTV too.. <_<

mfg Steffen

OK, I am trying v5. It seems to be better (no pauses). I wonder why WinDVD 7's decoder gives me pauses. Anyone here using WinDVD 7's decoder?