PureVideo on Nvidia 6600GT + BBC HD + Skystar2

mark1832

Hello There,

I finally managed to get BBC HD on Astra 2d 28.2 installing old driver for above card series 8 instead of the latest 9 series.

I use p4 3.0 ghz, 1 giga ram, geforce 6600gt agp 128, coreavc 1.1 ( cyberlink i only got 5 fps ), and dvbviever 3.5 or GE.

The colours are now perfect and i can get 25fps, however every now and then i got the picture still or freeze for about half second.

It is well understood that i really need a 3.4 cpu or a dual core cpu.

What about Purevideo? I downloaded the 30 days trial version and cannot get my hand on the properties, or setting of this expensive software.

Any other idea on how i can solve this unwatchabele freezing of the picture?

I also noticed that dvbviever 3.5 is worst than GE????

Please help

however every now and then i got the picture still or freeze for about half second.

Maybe data is coming faster than it can be processed by the decoder, causing a buffer overflow in the DVBViewer Filter. In this case it sends a message to the host application, which in return tries to clear the situation by stopping and restarting playback. Error messages on the property page (View -> Filters -> DVSSource) will tell you what's going on.

Hello There,

I finally managed to get BBC HD on Astra 2d 28.2 installing old driver for above card series 8 instead of the latest 9 series.

I use p4 3.0 ghz, 1 giga ram, geforce 6600gt agp 128, coreavc 1.1 ( cyberlink i only got 5 fps ), and dvbviever 3.5 or GE.

The colours are now perfect and i can get 25fps, however every now and then i got the picture still or freeze for about half second.

It is well understood that i really need a 3.4 cpu or a dual core cpu.

What about Purevideo? I downloaded the 30 days trial version and cannot get my hand on the properties, or setting of this expensive software.

Any other idea on how i can solve this unwatchabele freezing of the picture?

I also noticed that dvbviever 3.5 is worst than GE????

Please help

The 6600GT won't help anyway as the CPU does the whole job.

SS2 + Athlon 64 3000 + CG ATI X1300 + 1Gbts RAM + CoreAVC= some freezes with BBC one HD

It's Ok with the CPU overclocked so that to get one Athlon 3500 mini and preferably 3800 that can be easily achieved without extra cooling.

So...you need to overclock your P4

"God bless the BBC for the Mondial" :)

Edited by Trifon