Dvbviewer 3.5.0.1 -> Nvidia Pure Video 1.02-223

Dragonslore

Hello,

Here is the second anomaly I noticed after doing some tests on DVBViewer 3.5.0.1 (on Windows XP Pro + SP2).

Note that I never used any other version of DVBViewer, I've juste buy it yesterday.

I use Nvidia Pure Video (1.02-223) codec for video, everything is ok with WMR7 and WMR9 in spite of the fact that quality is pretty bad.

Unfortunatly, a bug appears when I want to use Overlay Mixer with my Pure Video codec.

Let me show what it do: http://perso.club-internet.fr/pierre-emman...r_purevideo.jpg

(Note that I tried on other softs like Altdvb or Progdvb and it works great).

Thank you very much for all,

Edited by Dragonslore

Maybe I did a bad configuration on my Nvidia graphic card or my driver need to be upgraded...I'm going to try that !

Thank you for your feedback :)

Maybe I did a bad configuration on my Nvidia graphic card or my driver need to be upgraded...I'm going to try that !

Thank you for your feedback :)

If you're using a Nvidia graphics-card, this is a problem with the driver. Some builds has it, some don't.

Generally, avoid 9x.xx versions. The best, IMO, is 81.98. That one has given me the best picturequality and no problems such as you describe.

Get it at www.guru3d.com.

Hello :)

I've just installed the last forceware version and the bug disappeared.

Thank you very much !

I use the same version of the nvidia pure video decoder as you.

The video works, but the sound doesn't work with the nvidia decoder.

I mean the audio setting in the nvidia decoder are missing.

For some time i have use the nvidia decoder with an other tv watching programm and there it had work, but I l like the handling in DVBViewer.

How is it with you?

Does the audio work with the nvidia decoder in DVBViewer?

(I want to use the audio from the nvidia decoder, because I have buy the gold version and now I want to use dolby headphone)

Unfortunatly I encounter the same anomaly as you...no sound with the Nvidia audio decoder.

As I have a A/V Amplificator that decode Dolby Digital...I bought the Bronze version of Pure video.

Other interrogation...I note that DVBViewer with the same codec/directx configuration as other programs like Altdvb or WinfastDTV has a worst image quality...the image isn't really clear and it's difficult to watch sport channels for example.

I don't know how to get a good image quality.

Did someone have the same problem and can help me ?

Thank you very much for all

@Dragonslore & Rick-Nash

For the Audio Codec give a try to AC3 filter: search for version > 0.70; I have v. 1.something beta and it work great and is full of options and settings...

To try to solve the Video part:

• install the last DirectX 9.0c + DX febuary 2006 update

• try to change some codec settings: "View->Filters->NVidia..."

• try to unzoom just a little the image (with my driver if zomm=100% the image get jerky)

• try to use different video refresh frequencies

:bye:

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Gioxy for your reply.

Concerning Video rendering, I have a sort of big blur when there is fast movements in the video, everything is not really clear. I have this anomaly with overlay, wmr9...and every drivers (nvidia,dscaler,intervideo)...but only with DVBViewer. Other softs like Altdvb, Winfast DTV with the same configuration give a good image quality !

Does anyone have a solution for that ?

In advance, thank you very much :)

It seems a deinterlacing problem; have you already tried to:

change some codec settings: "View->Filters->NVidia..."

specially those regarding the "deinterlace control" and "deinterlace mode"?

And what you get with the different settings? With different settings it's simply impossible that it behave always the same...

If you want to know everithing about it, look in the section "De-Interace Handling" in the official NVidia Pure Video Decoder User's Guide

:(

Thank you for your quick reply Gioxy :(

I tried many diffent configurations of my Nvidia pure video codec and it doesn't change anything.

Note that the configuration of Nvidia pure video impact all the softs that use this codec like Altdvb, WinfastDTV and this software doesn't have any problem with the video.

That's why I don't really understand what to do...