TF1 HD

Derrick

On 5W, 11178V, 27500, 3/4 there is a HD feed from the match Germany vs. Portugal. The video is 1080i in 4:2:2 (rate 33mbps :) ) The 2nd audio is Dolby-E !

Program Number: 1 GCR HD F188/1

Descriptor: Maximum Bitrate Descriptor

Maximum bitrate: 4751800 bytes per second

Descriptor: Smoothing Buffer Descriptor

SB Leak Rate: 625 SB Size: 1024

Descriptor: System Clock Descriptor

External Clock Reference: 0 Clock Accuracy Integer: 2 Exponent: 1

Stream Type: 0x02 MPEG-2 Video PID 512 (0x0200)

MPEG Video: Bitrate 33.270 Mbps Resolution 1920 x 1080i

MPEG Video: Framerate 25 fps Aspect Ratio 16:9 Chroma Format 4:2:2

Descriptor: Data Stream Alignment Descriptor

Alignment type: video access unit

Descriptor: Stream Indentifier Descriptor

01 .

Stream Type: 0x04 MPEG-2 Audio PID 4112 (0x1010)

MPEG1 Audio: Bitrate 384 Kbps Sample Rate 48 KHz

MPEG1 Audio: Layer II Mode Stereo

02 .

Descriptor: ISO639 Language Descriptor

Language: eng

Audio type: undefined

Stream Type: 0x06 PCM Audio PID 4128 (0x1020)

02 .

Descriptor: Registration Descriptor

Format identifier: 0x42535344 (BSSD)

Descriptor: ISO639 Language Descriptor

Language: two

Audio type: undefined

...hi m8, I registered the final on this channel with DVBViewerGE and the recorder plugin in the TS format; question, how would u convert and compress this into h264 codec ?

Actually in the TS files the hdd space is something like 38-39GB, in h264 how far can I compress mantaining the original definition (1920x1080) ?

Tnx.

Edited by giorusso
...hi m8, I registered the final on this channel with DVBViewerGE and the recorder plugin in the TS format; question, how would u convert and compress this into h264 codec ?

Actually in the TS files the hdd space is something like 38-39GB, in h264 how far can I compress mantaining the original definition (1920x1080) ?

Tnx.

You could try Microsoft's new VC-1 encoder from "Windows Media Encoder Studio Edition" :

h**p://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/encoderse/default.aspx

This will give you a .wmv HD file with superior quality than h264/avc !!!

It's also one of the standards for HD-DVD (and the best candidate for the studio's encoding!)

Tnx.

You could also try to transcode your mpeg2 content (sd and hd) into h264 for example by using MeGUI, which is a graphical user interface for the x264 codec. There are lots of other tools also, but this one is pretty complete and rather easy to use imho.

I'd say, you can compress your mpeg2-stuff into 20%...50% from the original file size, without sacrificing practically any quality (keeping PSNR in the range 45...50dB, say). But it takes ages to re-encode hd-stuff...

Edited by emmel