Satellite Finder software

I have a Skystar card and DVBViewer. The sat hardware consists of a dual-motor dish. I'm looking for a piece of kit (ideally some software that can run through the Skystar card but could be a DVBViewer plugin) that will allow me to find and identify various satellites as I move my dish using the motors.

Does anyone know of any such software ? In simple terms, as I move my dish, I'd like the software to identify and name any satellites as I pick them up.

All suggestions would be appreciated. I know that there are some hardware versions of this but they are quite expensive and I hoped that someone would have written some software to do the same job.

Thanks for any help.

That can't be done with a dvb card. Satellites do transmit beacon signals by which they can be identified. You'll need a beacon receiver and special software :)

..if he wants such a finder, why is he writing:

I'd like the software to identify and name any satellites as I pick them up