EPGplus

Rayman

Why do you need to start EPGplus? Isn't it started automatically when starting DVBViewer?

This message is followed by "... next check: ", that means if EPGplus doesn't receive any EPG from DVBViewer it will retry after 30 seconds. Did you wait this interval to see what happens then?

Is there any EPG shown in DVBViewer at all, e.g. in DVBViewer's EPG window itself?

Best,

Stefan.

I don't "start" EPGplus. It is in the systemtray, and i just want to schedule recordings, as i have done for years

I have waited for more than 2 hours, but no EPG is delivered to EPGPlus

In DVBViewer there is all the EPG needed

I have used (thanks !!) EGPPlus since the first version

I have waited for more than 2 hours, but no EPG is delivered to EPGPlus

In DVBViewer there is all the EPG needed

Unfortunately I can't reproduce your problem with DVBViewer 4.1.1.1 and EPGplus 1.1.1. Does anybody else come up with this problem?

You may download the current Beta version EPGplus 1.1.2 to see whether this behaviour remains:

EPGplus 1.1.2 Beta

Version 1.1.2 Beta
- Fix: No EPG shown on the day when changing daylight saving time (DST) from winter to summer
- Fix:	Running recordings could not be deleted from reminder window
- Fix: Right click context menu did not work properly for conflicts in reminder
- Add: Adding EPG search terms from TV-Grid menu allows automatic restriction of search to selected channel
- Change: Internal reorganization, including new DVBViewer interfaces (IID_IDVBViewer2)

I'll be in vacation the next 10 days - so please be patient :-)

Best,

Stefan.

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to inform that i have solved my problem. I made a fresh install and everything worked.

I do have another question to Stefan:

How is the integration btween the new (4.1.1) DVBViwer and Recording Service (1.5RC) and EPGPlus.

In DVBViewer you can check an option so that recording scheduled from DVBViewer is sent to RecordingService. RecordingService will then wake the machine, make the recording, and the machine then goes to idle, and will go to sleep.

But when the recording is scheduled from EPGPlus, it is also scheduled ind DVBViewer, but the recording is not sent to Recording Service.

Have i done something wrong?

I Know i could just schedule from Recording Service or DVBViewer, but i like the features in EPGPlus, eg. EPG Search to schedule TV series and the way to filter channnels (Favourites)

• 2 weeks later...
How is the integration btween the new (4.1.1) DVBViwer and Recording Service (1.5RC) and EPGPlus.

In DVBViewer you can check an option so that recording scheduled from DVBViewer is sent to RecordingService. RecordingService will then wake the machine, make the recording, and the machine then goes to idle, and will go to sleep.

But when the recording is scheduled from EPGPlus, it is also scheduled ind DVBViewer, but the recording is not sent to Recording Service. Have i done something wrong?

Currently there is no interoperation between EPGplus and the RecordingService. DVBViewer might act as bridge between those two. Unfortunately I'm not so familiar with the RecordingService and can't propose a special solution for your case.

Best,

Stefan.

• 1 month later...
I just want to know if EPGPlus is still en development?

I like it very much, and i hope you will continue the develpement process

Yes, EPGplus is still under development - the feature and to do list is still long.

Unfortunately I'm mostly filled up with my job-related duties - so EPGplus is progressing slowly at this time.

Stefan.

After installaion of the newest DVBViewer 4.2.1.0, EPGPlus crashes when I want to ad a Recording. It says "DVBViewer Plugin has stopped function" (it is in Danish, but i believe this is a correct translation). The recording is scheduled, but I need to restart EPGPlus.

Hello

I have been a very happy user of EPGPlus. I Love the way i can schedule recordings on a series basis, and clik and done is perfect. But now it dosent work anymore, and it seems like Stefan, the developer has given up.

So, are there any alternatives?

The way to schedule recordings in DVBViewer/RecordingService is, in my opnion, unusable. When it come to TV series it is impossible

But now it dosent work anymore, and it seems like Stefan, the developer has given up.

WHAT? Why are you saying something like this?

EPGplus still works and I did not get any other negative feedback from other users, also with the latest DVBViewer Version 4.2.1.0!!

So what exactly is your problem? What exactly are you doing that brings EPGplus to stop?

;)May I kindly ask you to stop spreading rumours about the dead end of EPGplus, which is not true! :)

I responded to your question regarding the ongoing development of EPGplus [Link]!

Please keep in mind that EPGplus is developed during my free time and that there is no financial return for all this work. I'm giving my best regarding support within the forum, but this is not my every day job - so please be a little more tolerantly!

Stefan.

WHAT? Why are you saying something like this?

EPGplus still works and I did not get any other negative feedback from other users, also with the latest DVBViewer Version 4.2.1.0!!

So what exactly is your problem? What exactly are you doing that brings EPGplus to stop?

:bye:May I kindly ask you to stop spreading rumours about the dead end of EPGplus, which is not true! ;)

I responded to your question regarding the ongoing development of EPGplus [Link]!

Please keep in mind that EPGplus is developed during my free time and that there is no financial return for all this work. I'm giving my best regarding support within the forum, but this is not my every day job - so please be a little more tolerantly!

Stefan.

Hello Stefan

I did not want to spread rumours, but actualy i asked you a qustion June 15. Where i told you about the problems with the new model used by DVBViewer and Recording Service, Your answer was: "Unfortunately I'm not so familiar with the RecordingService and can't propose a special solution for your case."

This is a problem because the new model used by DVBViewer is that all recordings should be handled by Recording Service.

BUT If i use EPGPlus, and DVBViewer uses Recording Serrvice (eg. "Send Timers to service" is checked) EPGPlus crashes when i schedule a recording from EPGPlus. If i uncheck "Send Timers To Service", the recording is scheduled in DVBViewer, but not in Recoring Service. Result: No recording, if DVBViewer is not running.

I also wrote this July 27 and July 29,

I do understand that you are doing it in your freetime, but please understand that we, the users, become depenant on this. We use it daily, and when i stops working, we have to make a decision: Continue or find another solution.

That is why i wrote here to ask for another solution, not to spread roumors

P.S. This is a CLEAN install!

BUT If i use EPGPlus, and DVBViewer uses Recording Serrvice (eg. "Send Timers to service" is checked) EPGPlus crashes when i schedule a recording from EPGPlus. If i uncheck "Send Timers To Service", the recording is scheduled in DVBViewer, but not in Recoring Service. Result: No recording, if DVBViewer is not running.

Ok, this was exactly the information I needed to reproduce what happens in your case!

I could fix this error. For me EPGplus now works together with the recording service. You can schedule recordings as well as maintain your Recording Service timer list from within EPGplus, when options "Conntect to timer list" and "Connect to recordings list" are enabled.

Would you please check whether this works for you? ->

EPGplus Beta 1.1.2 Download

Best,

Stefan.

Hi Stefan, tryed more times, but something goes wrong during the extraction of the zipped file (at least with the XP internal unzip)... can you check it, please?

:bye:

Edited by Gioxy
Ok, this was exactly the information I needed to reproduce what happens in your case!

I could fix this error. For me EPGplus now works together with the recording service. You can schedule recordings as well as maintain your Recording Service timer list from within EPGplus, when options "Conntect to timer list" and "Connect to recordings list" are enabled.

Would you please check whether this works for you? ->

EPGplus Beta 1.1.2 Download

Best,

Stefan.

It is the same version number as the previous Beta, but it solved the problem, thanks

And Stefan, please next time don't accuse me to spread rumours!

But anyway i appreciate your effort to give us a very nice way to schedule recorings. I really like it!

It is the same version number as the previous Beta, but it solved the problem, thanks

The beta version number should be 1.1.2.1 thats right, since 1.1.2 is not released as stable yet.

And Stefan, please next time don't accuse me to spread rumours!

I won't do so, unless somebody claims that EPGplus has reached it's dead end or that I gave up the development :bye:

Hi Stefan, tryed more times, but something goes wrong during the extraction of the zipped file (at least with the XP internal unzip)... can you check it, please?

I tried it on two different PC's, extraction works - also with XP internal unzip. You may download the repository again and try the free version of UltimateZip.

Best,

Stefan.

Tried just now and it worked without any harm... sorry, probably my PC yesterday was too tired for the very hot day (human perceived temperature >38°)...

Many tanks and greetings...

I am going to holliday tomorrow, but i wont miss my favorite series. My question is: If i do a EPG search, it finds the next two schedules of this program, but i am away 3 weeks, so how does it find the third schedule? The machine i running 24/7, Recording Service is running, but DVBViewer is not runing

I am going to holliday tomorrow, but i wont miss my favorite series. My question is: If i do a EPG search, it finds the next two schedules of this program, but i am away 3 weeks, so how does it find the third schedule? The machine i running 24/7, Recording Service is running, but DVBViewer is not runing

EPGplus doesn't work without DVBViewer! You need to ensure that DVBViewer is running. Furthermore, your Recording Service or DVBViewer needs to collect the upcoming EPG data of the corresponding channel(s) periodically. Then this should work.

If it is only one schedule and you know the date and times, you may go back to the roots and just create this timer in DVBViewer by hand ;-)

Lucky holidays!

Stefan.

• 4 months later...

Hi Stefan

I found small bug, when new schedule is always added to record window at every restart, or every search.

This is probably because of diacritics (in Czech or central european grammar).

If tittle is without diacritics, everythings works fine.

I added some screens, this problem is because of wrong character (ě -> i), which is inserted to scheduler.

(SW version: DVBViewer 4.2.1)

post-85706-1262179345_thumb.png

post-85706-1262179354_thumb.png

Edited by ViViD

Hi ViViD,

I investigated your problem but could not yet find a solution. The problem is the diacritics character ě with Hatschek, as you pointed out. Obviously EPGplus is able to find and correctly display words with diacritics. Creating a recording in DVBViewer however causes the transformation of ě -> i. This looks like a problem with unicode characters, since ě is not part of the ANSI ASCII character set.

For debugging I only found the czech program CT24 on my stations list - and CT24 only sends a very short EPG, without diacritics characters at the moment - so I could not reproduce your problem yet. Solving this issue might take some time.

Best,

Stefan.

Hello Stefan.

I have one suggestion. You try add small checkbox with option.

[x] Remove diacritics from EPG name before send to recorder.

I don't now, if is possible to make this, but only idea....

Thanx

P.S. problem makes also "ř" -> is replaced in scheduler with "o"

other unknown/untested characters in czech/slovak language could be also replaced with other character.

Edited by ViViD
  • 2 weeks later...
P.S. problem makes also "ř" -> is replaced in scheduler with "o"

other unknown/untested characters in czech/slovak language could be also replaced with other character.

Stefan> I tested other characters. Almost all chars with diacritics makes problems. (ľ, š, č, ť, ž, ý, ě, ú, ô, ů, ř, ...)

This characters you can find at Astra 23,5°E in Skylink/Czechlink EPG channels. (CT1, CT2, NOVA, Prima, Barrandov, STV1, STV2, JOJ, Markiza, etc ...)

Stefan> I tested other characters. Almost all chars with diacritics makes problems. (ľ, š, č, ť, ž, ý, ě, ú, ô, ů, ř, ...)

This characters you can find at Astra 23,5°E in Skylink/Czechlink EPG channels. (CT1, CT2, NOVA, Prima, Barrandov, STV1, STV2, JOJ, Markiza, etc ...)

Thank you for your test! I will see what I can do with this issue.

Best,

Stefan.

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you for your test! I will see what I can do with this issue.

Best,

Stefan.

I also have the same problem on the same Czech channels (the program is added more than once in timer if has diacritics).

But what is worse - since i added keywords to search and closed the EPGplus settings window, i`m not able to open EPGplus settings window any more. The "about" window can be opened through the tray icon, but the main settings window can`t - it just do nothing, no error message. I`m using DVBViewer 4.2.1.0 on Windows 7 (64 bit, Czech language).

The recording of keywords works correctly (althought it is added to timer multiple times), so EPGplus is working, but it`s main window dont show.

Tested in versions 1.1.1 and 1.1.2beta.

I will try to reinstall DVBViewer.

I`m also programmer (C# .net, Object pascal [Delphi]), if you need help i can help you. Does this plugin have some log? Where this plugin save settings? (I have tried to search in C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming but i didnt found anything)

I will try to reinstall DVBViewer
Useless...

Where this plugin save settings?
In the main DVBViewer program folder in the file "EPGplus.ini" ( :) )

BTW, to instant recover your problem, shutdown DVBViewer and simply reneame that file...

;)

• 1 month later...
any idea, about fix this bug?

Hi ViViD,

the main problem is still that I don't receive czech channels, which send enough EPG so that I can replicate this issue. (And I can't select another satelite due to the way my satellite dish is installed).

The option you mentioned (Remove diacritics) might be a solution. I will check how I can implement this.

Best,

Stefan.

Super,

Try scan Astra 1M (19.2E) - 12382.50 H and you'll find this programs:

CT 1

CT 24

Nova Cinema (Cz)

CT 2

Markiza TV

J@J

TV Nova

Prima Televize

TV Barrandov

all of this includes EPG with diacritics. (channels is encrypted - UPC Direct, but EPG works)

• 1 month later...

I wan't to upgrade to the soon to be released version 4.5 also i will upgrade my system from windows xp to windows 7. Will epgplus still work ?

I love the util and without it dbviewer is useless to me at lease as i am only using dbviewer as a recording machine to record my wife favorite shows and she can get mighty pissed if for some reason it didn't get recorded :P

I wan't to upgrade to the soon to be released version 4.5 also i will upgrade my system from windows xp to windows 7. Will epgplus still work ?

EPGplus works fine with the current Beta-Version of DVBViewer. Also, I didn't hear something about major changes with the COM interface so I expect no big problems with 4.5.

I don't own Windows 7 but will ask a friend to check if EPGplus runs fine - maybe some user here on the form already has EPGplus running on Windows 7 and can report on this?

Currently, I'm porting EPGplus to Unicode so that it is compatible with some special Czech characters.

Best,

Stefan.

• 5 weeks later...

Have an issue with EPGplus in that it will not display programs starting at 06:00

When selecting the day it shows only programs starting after 06:00 (i.e will show programs starting at 06:05 or 06:30)

Have only really noticed due to the Soccer World Cup where the games start at 06:00 and am unable to select in EPGplus

See attach screenshot, For stratus, one, 2 and 3 channels all have programs starting at 06:00

thanks

post-56214-072582600 1277182853_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I'm running Windows 7 and DVBViewer 4.5

EPGPlus was running fine - until now - now when I open it ... it gets to 50% on the EPG collection and then crashes.

The only thing I can link this to is a windows update.

can you help me ?

Mark.

I'm running Windows 7 and DVBViewer 4.5

EPGPlus was running fine - until now - now when I open it ... it gets to 50% on the EPG collection and then crashes.

The only thing I can link this to is a windows update.

can you help me ?

Not really. Unfortunately you didn't give enough information so that I can't assume what's wrong with your system. You could try to delete your epg.dat in the DVBViewer configuration folder and see whether this helps.

Stefan.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

EPGplus Version 1.1.2 is available. The biggest change is the unicode support for several foreign languages (e.g. Slovak).

The EPGplus.ini configuration file is updated to unicode format once at the first startup. A backup of the existing INI will be created.

Version 1.1.2 (30.12.2010)

- Fix: Programs beginning at 6:00 am were not displayed in TV-Guide

- Fix: EPGplus crashed while scheduling a recording if Recording Service is used,

"Send Timers To Service" option

- Fix: No EPG shown on the day when daylight saving time (DST) changes from winter to summer

- Fix: Running recordings could not be deleted from reminder window

- Fix: Right click context menu did not work properly for conflicts in reminder

- Fix: Keyboard navigation in TV grid causes refresh of EPG description

- Add: Option in settings: Automatic handling of conflicting timers.

- Add: Adding EPG search terms from TV-Grid context menu allows restriction of

search to selected channel

- Add: Unicode support for all strings, support for diacritcs.

- Add: Restrict search term to channels: allows now selection of multiple items.

- Add: Slovak Language

- Change: Internal reorganization, including new DVBViewer interfaces (IID_IDVBViewer2).

- Change: Internal code optimization: Handling of configuration file EPGplus.ini (load/save)

Download at EPGplus Homepage.

Happy New Year 2011 everyone!

Stefan

Hi Rayman, Happy New Year to you and thanks for the new EPGPlus ver...

Here it works fine and conflict detection seems now rock solid (but it's hard to test all possibly cases...)

I also found some new entry to translate: please, could you publish somewhere the EPGPlus .po base file?

Thanks again for you efforts and have nice holidays!

There seems to be inconsistencies between EPGPlus and DVBViewer WEB Interface or perhaps Epgplus doesn't pass the title correctly when it shows the timers from EPG search. In the EPGPlus EPG search tab the Program and Title are listed (these seem to correspond to Title and Subtitle in the DVB Web Interface), but in the Reminder tab the Program column lists the Title from EPG Search and no Title column is shown.

Also if I then check the Timers in the DVB Web Interface the Name column lists the Title from EPGPlus (which is really the subtitle) and it's sometimes shortened making it difficult to check for duplicate timers.