Launch external application (or add FF and RW to video player)

Mortten

I would really appreciate if I could launch another media player instead of the internal one.

I would like to use Zoom Player mainly because it is the only player I know that can fast forward and rewind video almost like all the DVD players do.

Or could it be possible to implement FF and RW in DVBV player?

FF & RW are already present in DVBViewer PRO and are very powerful! :)

Take a look in "DVBViewer -> DVD Playback -> Fast Forward / Rewind" and/or in the "Controlbar" (place the mause cursor near the bottom of the video image): every click set FF & RW to + or - 0,5 / 1 / 1,5 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 8 x...

Another useful function already present is "jump": press shift + left / right arrow one or more time to jump 10sec, 30sec, 1min, 2min, 5min, 10min, 30min forward or back...

And of course you can also go next and previous chapter, or go directly to the "root menu" or the "title menu", exactly like most DVD players do...

;)

Take a look in "DVBViewer -> DVD Playback -> Fast Forward / Rewind" and/or in the "Controlbar" (place the mause cursor near the bottom of the video image): every click set FF & RW to + or - 0,5 / 1 / 1,5 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 8 x...

Another useful function already present is "jump": press shift + left / right arrow one or more time to jump 10sec, 30sec, 1min, 2min, 5min, 10min, 30min forward or back...

Thanks for your answer Gioxy. I hadn't noticed that it actually works with DVD playback.

But I wasn't clear enough in my previous post. I meant playback of recorded TV programs. When I play mpg files on the hard disk, FF & RW buttons in control bar function as jump like you described. To skip commercials I think "real FF" would be more useful than jump. If it is a configuration issue that I haven't figured out, please correct me! :)

@Mortten

If you open a video file from OSD with the file browser ("theComputer" in the HTPC menu) then DVBViewer uses the standard program associated in Windows.

I didn't try this with DVD, but maybe it works if you select the DVD drive.

If you are unlucky it will only show the directory of the DVD :)

bye, dgdg

Edited by dgdg