Improved Recordings

kardzali

I think it's time that the recording functions in the otherwise excellent DVBViewer are improved. Recorded files should not have so many errors and neither be out of sync when they are edited. It would be worth a try at least. :)

Guest Oliver

Hello!

Well, I don't think there's any need for upgrading. I had no (and that means zero) errors in the last 200 GB of recordings. With some versions of Marfi's SkyAVC.ax there were lots of errors, that's right, but version 1.0.3.2222 works absolutely flawless. I had problems till version 1.0.3.1940, then everything was okay. Some of the newer versions 1.0.3.24xx don't work that good for me, but 1.0.3.2222 is the official DVBViewer rendercore since R20.

I record in the PVA-format and convert to MPG2-PS with PVAStrumento - after that, everythings perfectly synchronous (it's normal that the sound starts a bit earlier than the video before converting/remuxing - it's related to the PTS and no error).

Having lots of errors your CPU-load may be too high - each time you reach 100+ percent you get at least one error. You could also try different versions of the SkyAVC.ax filter.

Bye, Oliver