Technisat SkyStar2 DVB card

romeroom

I'm a novice at TV tuner stuff, so please be patient.

I have a chance to buy a TV tuner card: Technisat SkyStar2 DVB card. I live in the United States. Will this card allow me to view regular cable channels and other NTSC broadcasts? Thanks.

No, the SkyStar is a card fot SAT-TV; CableStar from TechniSat is one for cable-channels.

Edited by Engelbert

Drop the support of bbti a mail (support at bbti dot us). There are cards available and at least they work inside the DVBViewer like charm. Also with CC and Epg as far as i was able to test on my own *Houston rocks* :).

Christian

I live in the United States. Will this card allow me to view regular cable channels and other NTSC broadcasts? Thanks.

Jepp !

I "hear" that he ist talking about CABLE TV and Broadcasted TV, which in my opinion sounds like:

Analog TV via Antenna and/or DVB-T Digital TV broadcasted via antenna but digital as stated before.

Maybe romeroom could be a bit more specific.

I would suggest that he goes to the PC/TV Dealer of his cjhoice and talk to the guy what he can receive

Sat/analaog TV / DVB-T Cable and hear what the suggestion is.

Than we can become much more specifik.

I Myself have no clue waht the Sat-DVB in the USA looks like, which Standards are used and so on.

(Of course I know what NTSC is, hence there are some other standards for Broadcasting an receiving and scrambling and descrambling.

Do not forget the FTA (Free to Air programs ) we are used to at least in Germany are not so common in the USA.

Most of the (good) TV is scrambled and needs payment to receive.