Nova-t-500 / dvbviewer and Meedio etc.

ThomP

I'm currently watching tv with Meedio and two analog tuners (PVR-150 and HVR-1300). But I want to switch to digital and since Meedio doesn't support subtitles or multiple digital tuners I can't use the tv-module for this. So I was thinking of buying DVBViewer and the brand new Hauppauge Nova-t-500 dual digital tuner.

Has anybody tried this card with DVBViewer? Or does anybody have any idea if it will work?

I've read that DVBViewer allows you to record multiple channels/programs from the same mux using only one tuner. Is this true for all tuner cards or are there any special requirements that the card must meet?

The second issue I'm considering is the frontend. I'm used to Meedio and would like to continue using it, at least as a frontend. I'm considering two setups and am wondering if they will be possible:

1) Integrate DVBViewer into Meedio and use it for all "tv-related" actions - live tv, epg, recording, timeshifting etc.

2) Make a server running DVBViewer and somehow integrate the epg into Meedio so that recordings can be scheduled from within Meedio on the client, while the actual recording is done by the server. For live tv and timeshifting I would keep a single analog tuner in the client.

Is this possible? And if option 2 is possible, would it be possible to combine my HVR-1300 and the Nova-t-500 in the server?

Well, now I can answer some of the questions myself.

The Nova-t-500 works out of the box with dual tuners and is able to record two or more channels from two different mux'es :bye:

Unfortunately the remote doesn't work, and I'm no closer to integrating DVBWIEVER into Meedio :(

Edited by ThomP