Sound but no picture

Kevin Steggles

Any idea why sometimes when I open up DVBViewer, I get the sound but no picture? If I record something, the video is there when viewed through something like Media Player. Also, sometimes just reopening DVBViewer makes the video work. It was showing the same symptoms before I upgraded to the latest version.

Any ideas?

support.zip

No one got any idea? Seems like a bit of a bug to me...a media player that doesn't show moving pictures! Perhaps this additional information will help?

setup.xml

Edited by Kevin Steggles
If I record something, the video is there when viewed through something like Media Player.

Obviously a DirectShow / playback problem. What does the DVBViewer Filter's property page (View -> Filters -> DVBSource) display when there is no picture? Attach a screenshot.

Obvious to you maybe! I can't take the screenshot right now as, of course, it's working now! A reboot of the system seems to sort it.

As soon as it shows the symptoms again, I'll post the screenshot.

Another idea to pinpoint the problem: If it happens again, disable the OSD in the options.

BTW: Options -> DirectX -> Video Renderer is set to "Unchanged". Why not Overlay?

In these two modes, the DVBViewer Pro OSD always covers the whole video area, but is painted in a special color (overlay color) to make it transparent. The graphics card hardware replaces the overlay color by the TV picture. However, if retrieving the overlay color fails for some reason, it may not be transparent. Know what I mean? And there are a whole lot of

EAccessViolation raised by instance tmrOSD

errors in your DVBViewer.log....

Well, disabling OSD (whatever that is) and changing the Video renderer to overlay kickstarted it. Nice one Griga.

Here's the info you asked for anyway...just in case it indicates anything else amiss.

post-2230-1155649860_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin Steggles

It indicates that everything is ok in the DVBViewer Filter. It receives data and passes it on to the decoders. So the problem occurs somewhere downstream -> video decoder or video renderer interacting with the OSD.