Overlapping controls

Exel

The greatest lack I find in the input features in DVBViewer is that one key of the remote can not be mapped for multiple commands at the same time. This is especially frustrating with remotes that have a limited number of independent keys, such as the one that came with my Cablestar card.

I see no reason why the same key should not be able to toggle a feature both ON and OFF instead of having to assign those commands to two separate keys. Or why can't one button perform a different task in a different mode - why a key that has been given some command in the OSD menu can not do anything when not in the OSD?

I sincerely hope that the ability to give multiple tasks to a single button would be included in future versions of DVBViewer.

The greatest lack I find in the input features in DVBViewer is that one key of the remote can not be mapped for multiple commands at the same time. This is especially frustrating with remotes that have a limited number of independent keys, such as the one that came with my Cablestar card.

I see no reason why the same key should not be able to toggle a feature both ON and OFF instead of having to assign those commands to two separate keys. Or why can't one button perform a different task in a different mode - why a key that has been given some command in the OSD menu can not do anything when not in the OSD?

I sincerely hope that the ability to give multiple tasks to a single button would be included in future versions of DVBViewer.

One vote more for that feature.

This is very typical already in many old TV sets: separate operation when using teletext or watching TV picture. Technisat (TS35) remote is not very usefull with DVBV for that reason

• 1 month later...

Anything for this? This is in my humble opinion a very crucial feature and would significantly improve both the ergonomics of DVBViewer itself but also the usability of many remote controls.

Think about it, the possibilities would be numerous. We could use the same button to do different things in different modes (eg. "Back" in OSD and "Previous Channel" when outside OSD) or we could use it for sequential commands (eg. 1st press "Show MiniEPG", 2nd press "Show EPG"). Perhaps most importantly we could use the same button to toggle things on and off (eg. "Open OSD" and "Close OSD" in the same button).

Like IRa said, this feature has existed in analogue TV sets since probably since the first remotes. I'm sure it's not hard to code.