Small OSD channel numbers

BertM

Hello all,

I've been searching for this issue in both the english and german board, but couldn't find any answer.

My issue:

(DVBViewer 3.5.0.4; Girder plugin; fullscreen; OSD)

when selecting a new channel number trhough the remote control (or keyboard, this has the same effect) the number I type appear on the left top side of the screen with the channel name that is conected with this number. When a number higher than 9 is selected, two channel names/number appear: fisrt channel number '1' and it's name, then when typing '0' to selcet channel 10, '10' and the corresponding channel name appears. So far, so good. But I noticed that this only works up top channel 17. When selecting a chanel higher than 17 (typing 1 and 8, 1 and 8 and 5 etc) only the '1' appears in the left top corner with the name for channel number one. The other keys I press on the remote are not visible. However, the program correctly switches to the desired channel.

Is there a setting I missed somewhere in the options menu or is it somewhere hidden in the xml files?

Of course it is not a big issue as the program switches to the correct channel, but with a perfect application like DVBViewer is, one might expect this to work correct.

My config:

DVBViewer 3.5.0.4 (but the latest GE installed in a separate directory also has the same issue), Windows XP Pro SP2, Technotrend S2-3200 with latest BDA driver, Girder 3.something and girder gml file from download area.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bert

OK, I have this behaviour with a channel list that was created with the ChannelEdit tool from four (four satellite positions) TransEdit output files.

With the original transponders scan, the numbering and indication in the left-top corner is as it should be so there must have gone something wrong in reordering my channel list.

I'll try again to rearrange my preferred channels into a new channel.dat and see if that works.

Haha, narrowed this down to a very funny bug in the program.

When I add all redundant channels to my channels.dat using ChannelEdit, I get a total of 3633 television channels. When entering a channel number via RC or keybaord, only channels up to channel 363 will appear while entering the numbers.

Earlier, when I wasn't able to see numbers above 17 while typing the number, I had a total of 177 channels in my list. Hence, dear developers, there seems to be a small bug in the way you handle channel numbers entered through remote or keyboard.

However, something like:

if ( selected_channel < (total_number_of_channels / 10 ) )

{

show_channel_id();

}

seems very unlikely.... although it sure has the looks of it.

For now, I'll stay with my three thousand redundant channels, just to get channel numbering of my preferred 177 channels correct.

Bert

if ( selected_channel < (total_number_of_channels / 10 ) )

{

show_channel_id();

}

seems very unlikely.... although it sure has the looks of it.

Confirmed here with same latest version! I have 195 channels in my channel list and channels number are displayed up to 19 . After that It switches to the correct cahnnel but number+name are not displayed...