OSD display of channel numbers

jf2020

Hi,

As this was originally posted in the Newbies section, http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13955 I'm moving this here.

For some reason it seems that the OSD displays the channel number when it's entered using keyboard or remote only to number_of_channels_in_channellist /10. For instance I have 195 channels in my list, numbers are displayed up to 19 then only name of channel is displayed when commuting to it.

This is in 3.5.0.4 with both default and XBox skins.

Not a big deal but getting feedback when entering a channel number with remote is nice!

Edited by jf2020
Most likely the fontsize is too big or the label used for it in the skin too small. Simply correct it in the videoinfo.xml.

Nope It really doesn't seem to be related to the fontsize or label size. I just tried on my laptop and from a fresh install using the standard provided scan of Hotbird and Astra. There are 877 channels in that channel list and OSD numbers are displayed until 87. Trying to enter 88 shows only 8. :bye:

Und your point is? I don't understand how a channel scan is related to a skindefinition file.

I never said that there was a relation! I think that I have not explained myself clearly. Please read the initail post in the newbies section again.

But you seem to know more than me obviouly...

Certainly not!! I'm sorry if that's your understanding of my post but that was certainly NOT what I ever wanted to say!!

I'm just trying to report a funny behavior that it seems that I'm not the only one to experience. Please try by yourself before jumping to conclusion.

What I noticed (was first reported by BertM) is that for some very strange and unlikely reason, when you enter the number of a channel in order to switch to it, the n umber is fully displayed by the OSD only if it is lower than the number of channels in he channel list divided by 10. Don't ask me why :bye:

Edited by jf2020
So have you been able to reproduce it?

Are others experiencing the same problem?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have the same problem. But I haven´t thought that that is a bug until I read this here. I have 87 channels in my channel list and the channel number wenn typing in a new channel is showed only until number 8. So it seems the same problem like above...

Could it help to post futher information? For this I must get to my HTPC but it stands at home and I will not come home in the next days probably... ;)