Skystar2 USB - no valid DVB device found!

ept

I have just installed a skystar2 and it is set-up to recieve broadbad data from Astra. I've installed the latest drivers (4.4.0) for it and have tried running DVBViewer. I get the message "No valid DVB device found!" even though I am using the skystar2 to load this page - that is, it is installed and running.

I can't find any references to this that lead anywhere. Am I supposed to have loaded some additional software? Thanks.

Skystar2 USB is only USB 1.1 so if you just bought it and you have the potentiality to give it back do it.

Because more and more TV-stations broadcasting in better quality (not HDTV) and USB 1.1 is to slow to received this TV-stations.

Please post some more information

not needed, we already know enough :)

>Skystar2 USB, broadbad data

..only bad data, but no broadband data possible ! The bandwidth of usb1 is too small for hdtv. You have to get another card either pci or usb2 or firewire.