Toggle between subtitles

argon

Now I have tested DVBViewer pro fore some weeks. I’m impressed, it has a rather intuitive and user friendly interface and it has lots of features, perhaps not all of them are finalized, but DVDViewer pro is absolutely one of the best HTPC applications I have seen so far.

As a Scandinavian I find the support to record and playback transport stream with subtitles (teletext) most important. It works in the main but the subtitle does not “pop up” as default, neither in the TV or File player. Perhaps it is something with the “language recognize” that not works?

However, It would be nice to have a short cut command to toggle between “no subtitles, and the available subtitles” (and also possibility to set it from the main menu). Today it is several steps from the “setting”menu and I can’t get into one button in my remote. Most remote controls have, what I have seen, a “dedicated” button for captions/subtitles. (I’m using Imon PAD VFD from Soundgraph, but that’s another story).

Except the feature above my most wanted feature is support for DiSEqC 1.2 (GoToX / USALS)

BR,

Argon

However, It would be nice to have a short cut command to toggle between “no subtitles, and the available subtitles” (and also possibility to set it from the main menu). Today it is several steps from the “setting”menu and I can’t get into one button in my remote. Most remote controls have, what I have seen, a “dedicated” button for captions/subtitles. (I’m using Imon PAD VFD from Soundgraph, but that’s another story).
You can build your own Input command:
  1. Options>Input
  2. Add Group
  3. select the new group
  4. Add (subtitle)
  5. in the Actioneditor select OSD-Show Subtitlemenu click on Add
  6. select OSD-Down click on Add
  7. select OSD-OK on Add (you can add more than one command)
  8. click OK
  9. click Learn select (subtitle) press the button
  10. click Learn
  11. click Save

Edited by Tjod
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Tjod,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Now I have nice menus to select Subtitles and also Audio Tracks. It works great when playing live TV and playing back files that have Subtitles (and different audio tracks).

But, when there not are any subtitles (and/or different audio tracks), I instead of get an empty subtitle menu (and audio menu) make a pause and get the “time information” bar in the window when pressing the command.

Do you have another suggestion?

Kind Regards,

Argon