Technotrend budget card doesn't work anymore

Jipatsu

ok, so the problem is as described below

I formatted my computer and installed all drivers etc again to my computer but I met a problem with my technotrend DVB-card...

when I install the normal drivers to it it shows as normal network card (as it should shown?)

then I install the BDA-drivers (was told to install them from DVBViewer support) but they install those drivers on normal drivers and they change DVB-card from network card to multimedia driver...

so when I start DVBViewer it announces "No hardware available!" eventhough when I scan devices in settings it finds my card.

can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance!

did that and I have it preferred and the others state is "do not use"...

I try now to scan for channels and look, if it starts working.

still when I restart DVBViewer it says "No hardware available!"

it's strange that my Firewall hasn't said anything about trying to make connection, maybe it's because of that?

Here is the latest support.zip with the changes directed to make

still viewer says "No hardware available"

I'm starting to think that it might have something to do with drivers...

should my DVB-card show as network card or multimedia?

support.zip

Edited by Jipatsu

The window shows what to DEVICE: under hardware to Scan Devices?

There are several possibilities where the drivers appear in the device manager.

But they must be found, they are in hardware.xml.

Edited by Engelbert

yeah, it shows "TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-C tuner" under hardware after scanning but still doesn't work.

one thing, when I installed technotrend drivers, I had to install them via window's own detection, technotrend's own setup didn't find my card...

but windows still finds the card and it defines it as network card when I install the normal drivers... then, when I install the BDA drivers, it'll change to multimedia hardware... that I don't get, as far as I know, it should act like network card?

I have had this several times over the last couple of days, the answer is if you are using viewer pro, you need to reinstall it be sure to export you channel lists first *** and most importantly after UNinstalling it go and delete the remaining DVBViewer folder from c:\program files\DVBViewer **** if it is GE you are using just remove/rename setup.ini it will recreate it correctly the next time you start the app

Hello,

the answer is if you are using viewer pro, you need to reinstall it be sure to export you channel lists first *** and most importantly after UNinstalling it go and delete the remaining DVBViewer folder from c:\program files\DVBViewer ****

it is enough to delete the files: hardware.xml, setup.xml, windowdef.xml

it is the same as if you setup.ini deletes :tongue:

:bye:

Can't be at Network, also Multimedia is correct (BDA).

Use the tool TransEdit + Manual (member area) for scanning.

Does scanning work there?

Try the ttAPI.dll from the following link instead of the available ones:

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?s...st&p=105779

I tried TransEdit but it says "Sorry - there is no matching DVB device for this transponderlist"

I did d/l that .dll file also, didn't work...

I have had this several times over the last couple of days, the answer is if you are using viewer pro, you need to reinstall it be sure to export you channel lists first

I have the pro version (if you mean the other one besides GE) and tried reinstalling it... didn't help

I remembered that last time I installed this DVBViewer, I had similiar problems but then I was directed to d/l the beta version and copy paste it over DVBViewer folder and then it did work.

well, I did that again (reinstall, copy-paste beta over and copied that .dll file also)

problems is still there, "No hardware available", still my device can be seen under settings - hardware.

I'm getting a littlebit confused already :bye:

Hmm, I got it working... I searched these forums for more information and tried again that transedit... well, Now i did find my channels... one thing though... I need to start cineplayer before I can get stream. Any workaround about this 'cause I don't want to start cineplayer everytime I want to watch tv?

and Thank you all for your help :blink:

one notice though... still when I open DVBViewer it announces "No Hardware available" but when I select a specific channel, it works fine.

and dvbviewers own channel scanning doesn't work...

so still I have problems with DVBViewer but I'm able to watch programs now.

Edited by Jipatsu