Run script on DVBViewer startup

belpe

Normal startup? I mean startup of DVBViewer, whether it is launched manualy or from scheduler.

To explain: I need to import xmltv epg once a day. I know I can script this with autoit, but having DVBViewer run it on its startup would help to keep it simple.

Without this, runing myxmltv independent of DV, I have to check if DV is running and start it if not.

My idea:

DV starts (manual, or auto) -> it launches my vbs script -> script checks if there is new xmltv file -> imports if yes, does not import if not.

And I'd also appreciate if there is command-line switch for myxmltv, to avoid using AuotIt scripting.

Guest Lars_MQ

I know sounds archaic, but ever thought of a batchfile for it?

make a DVBViewer.bat and first start the DVBViewer in it and then do you thing. and instead of starting DVBViewer.exe you just start DVBViewer.bat...

In batchfile I can't run second program while first is still running. It just waits until DV finishes.

As I said - it is possible to run it as I want with AutoIt, but it is ugly solution.

My question was if it is possible to execute any action on DV startup. (found no mention in manual & this forum)

So the obvious answer is NO, ... I can live without it.

If only authors could update myxmltv with command-line options...

Guest Lars_MQ

Oh? That's really new.

Then I'm lucky the "call" and "start" command in a batchfile work on my system to spin off a program... :jump:

My question was if it is possible to execute any action on DV startup.

The answer is no not direkt and yes you can indirect.

No I didn't put a script on startup into it. But you can define a usercommand > 0x5000hex and write in the command.vbs a catch for your usercommand, where you can do everything you need.

Then start the DVBViewer with the commandline DVBViewer.exe -x[your-commandNr]. This should work without problems. For the definitions of the commands.vbs have a look into the com-Doku I think I wrote every needed there. :bye:

If only authors could update myxmltv with command-line options...

If the author finds the time, I will have a look at it :tongue:

• 4 months later...
oh, sorry.

I forgot about "start" in batchfiles - I didn't use it for years... shame, shame.

Thanks for all replies.

Hi,

Did you get this working? Could you post your solution so we can copy your example please?

ATB

Steve.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I used myxmltv and it did not start DVBViewer when i imported. Is it still needed to open DVBViewer to import a xmltv file ?

I created a batch file that download a xmltv file and then lauch myxmltv but it don't work because i have to click the import button. Is it possible to use commande line with myxmltv to specify to use only the import function ?

Regards.

Jérôme