Freezing video

Boulder

I've been getting a lot of failed recordings because the video suddenly freezes. After that, switching channels won't fix it, I have to restart DVBV. The freezes also happen when not recording and they always happen quite soon after the program is started and channel is tuned. Note that it also happens when audio and video are disabled (timer recordings).

I've got a Twinhan 2033 Mantis on a WinXP SP2. I've tried both the WDM and BDA drivers with no luck.

support.zip

I have a feeling that the issue might be due to my network card stealing bandwidth. I have to do some extensive testing to see if disabling all network traffic fixes the issue.

Does anyone know a network bandwidth limiter that would reduce the available bandwidth when a specific program has been launched (i.e. reducing when DVBViewer.exe is loaded)?

I have a feeling that the issue might be due to my network card stealing bandwidth. I have to do some extensive testing to see if disabling all network traffic fixes the issue.

Does anyone know a network bandwidth limiter that would reduce the available bandwidth when a specific program has been launched (i.e. reducing when DVBViewer.exe is loaded)?

I would scan for viruses first if I were you !! use www.trendmicro.com it is very good (click on "free virus scan")

My last two timed recordings have been fine. I don't know if I've just been lucky, but I intend to create a scheduled recording to run a test record every night so I can see whether the problem still occurs. I ended up reinstalling the BDA drivers and DVBV but I don't know if that should make any difference whatsoever.

A weird thing happened earlier though : I was away for the weekend and scheduled two recordings. My computer was set to boot up, record and then shut down. The problem is : the computer had recorded the programs but the video was all garbled up. I really don't know what could cause this, the only difference to my normal system boot was that the ADSL modem was turned off :bye: