backing up configuration?

patti

Hello, I am moving DVBViewer to another computer and would not like to lose previous configuration (tweaked menus/language files, remote config, program settings etc.). Which files do I need to back up to get identical settings for the new computer? The version in question is 3.5.0

It depends on the user mode where the configuration files are stored. Check the content of the file UserMode.ini - read more about it here.

If the user mode is 0, I'd try to copy the whole DVBViewer installation (the DVBViewer folder) to the other computer. After that, execute regfilter.exe in the DVBViewer folder.

If the user mode is 1 or 2, as above. Additionally copy the DVBViewer Pro folder from/to the according user profile.

I hope it will work... since DVBViewer Pro doesn't store much in the registry, the chances are good. But I'm not sure whether DVBViewer Pro needs additional registering that is performed by the installer. Just try... and carefully check the new installation for different paths, compared to the old one (e.g. the target folder for recordings), and adjust them in settings -> options if necessary.

• 2 weeks later...