Recommendations for cheap USB DVB-T solution compatible with DVB Viewe

jon_k

I’ve tried to use DVBViewer with Nebula Digi-TV and the BDA drivers but with very little luck; it crashes the program after 5 seconds and needs restarting (will not initialise the card with task manager close of the program).

Anyhow… I’m still determined to get this working, so I’d like to buy a cheap USB DVB tuner to hopefully get BBC HD1 working over DVB in the UK, but I’m a bit worried about which tuners exactly are compatible. I've got it working under Nebula's software but it's frustratingly slow frame rate (but the picture is so good it makes me want to get it working!!!).

Can anyone recommend a cheap (<£30 would be ideal, <£40 ok) USB tuner – since I already have a DVB card I don’t really want to spend that much. I saw that there were some issues with compatibility with the Twinham MagicBox 7041B USB DVB tuner but didn’t know if there had been any updates; this would be my preference as it’s about £25 on ebay. Terratec T2 seems to be £70, Pinnacle PCTV200e about £60.

If someone has one that’s already working and proven with the Core AVC codec on BBC HD1 in the UK that would be even better!

Failing that any cheap PCI (not express) tuner recommendations would be welcome, as I could take my Nebula card out (I only have one PCI slot in my HTPC).

Thanks in advance for any advice!

As far as i know, Nebula comes with a BDA driver. So it should work with the DVBViewer. You might check this on your own with the Transedit Demo App, available in the public download section. Since it has an integrated Preview function it is also able to test your H264 Streams.

Usually you wont do anything wrong if the stick or device comes with an BDA driver and is USB 2.0 compatible.

Christian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Nebula's own BDA drivers are full of bugs and I have never got them working.

Here are modified drivers which work perfectly with my Nebula PCI half height card,

together with Twinhan cards:

http://www.venabl3s.co.uk/drivers/

Hi

That link does not seem to work any more. Do you still have those drivers somewhere?

so I’d like to buy a cheap USB DVB tuner

This one works well with DVBViewer:

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/products/d...novatstick.html

I got it for 17,- Euro here in Germany, downloaded the latest driver from the Hauppauge site, installed it (not the Hauppauge software) on a friend's PC, and everything was fine.

However, you'll need a good H.264 decoder for BBC HD.

P.S. Just noticed: My reply is bit late... :blush:

Edited by Griga

where in germany did you get it for 17,- Euro?

if i were to send you £35, can you get me 2 WinTV-NOVA-T-Stick , please :)

Edited by Salvatore