Close OSD on channel change

blackburn_

When I select a channel from my favorite list and press OK on the remote the channel is changed but the OSD is still there and I have to close it manually. Is there a way to make the OSD close (disappear) when I select a channel by pressing OK?

Try to set "Close OSD onstarting Video playback"; you can find it in "Options / OSD Apereance /OSD behavior"...

Thanks for the tip but it doesn't change anything, the new channel comes on but the OSD is still there. Does it work for you (or anyone else)? I've tried checking both "Close OSD on starting Audio playback" and "Close OSD on starting Video playback" but to no avail.

It's easy to fix this with a script:

1. activate Script-Engine in DVBViewer Options

2. if you already have a scripts folder in your DVBViewer user directory go there and look for channelchange.vbs (part of some OSD Skins). If not create the folder and/or the file. This script will be executed every time you change a channel in DVBViewer.

3. open the script file and insert the line OSD.GoHome. Maybe it looks like this (there can be more code inside, then just add this line before the end sub statement):

sub main(aID)
 OSD.GoHome
end sub

Beware: This calls request the OSD to exit after every channel change! If you still want the MiniEPG displayed when zapping up or down you have to insert a condition to exclude the MiniEPG. This can look like this:

sub main(aID)
 if WindowManager.ActiveWindowNr <> 18 then
OSD.GoHome
 end if
end sub

I hope this helps you out >_<

Cheereo

NeDrY

• 2 weeks later...

NeDry,

I've tried your suggestion and it didn't work

:)

nothing changed after altering the channelchange.vbs. I've checked and the scripting is enabled in options. I'm not using any skin. Could this be the problem? ... and I'm using the NewDef OSD

blackburn,

I've requested the same a few months ago but I didn't receive any real support

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?s...c=11966&hl=

B)

If you and other users, needing this options support the request, the developers may do something for us

Edited by pankov
NeDry,

I've tried your suggestion and it didn't work

nothing changed after altering the channelchange.vbs. I've checked and the scripting is enabled in options. I'm not using any skin. Could this be the problem? ... and I'm using the NewDef OSD

blackburn,

I've requested the same a few months ago but I didn't receive any real support

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?s...c=11966&hl=

B)

If you and other users, needing this options support the request, the developers may do something for us

hi pankov!!. are you sure the NeDrY solution doesn't work? Works for me like a charm...

i use the latest beta, and i modify the channelchange.vbs with NeDrY mod, but my file contains more lines (i use the newdef skin).

sub main(aID)
  propsetvalue "#Media.short", ""
  propsetvalue "#Media.Musictitle", ""
  propsetvalue "#Media.artist", ""
  propsetvalue "#Media.album", ""
  propsetvalue "#Media.track", ""
  propsetvalue "#Media.genre", ""
  propsetvalue "#Media.year", ""
if WindowManager.ActiveWindowNr <> 18 then
OSD.GoHome
 end if
end sub

i attached my file for you put on .../DVBViewer/scripts/. You need enable scripting on options.

see you!!

channelchange.rar

lampart,

mine looks the same but it didn't work.

But I found what was the problem

I was altering the wrong file. I've configured DVBViewer in UserMode=2 so I had to change the file in Documents and Settings\...\Application Data\DVBViewer. When I did that it worked just fine

10x for all the help

lampart,

mine looks the same but it didn't work.

But I found what was the problem

I was altering the wrong file. I've configured DVBViewer in UserMode=2 so I had to change the file in Documents and Settings\...\Application Data\DVBViewer. When I did that it worked just fine

10x for all the help

hi!!. yes... for that i have usermode=0.

nice to help you!!

bye!!