Record vs. Videorecorder?

antdude

Hello!

What's the difference between Record and Videorecorder in DVBViewer v3.5.0.1's Recording Settings? I couldn't find the information in the manual. Also, is there a way to do timeshift based on record scheduler?

Thank you in advance. :)

"Videorecorder" relates to the VRP (video recorder plugin).

Since you can simultaneously record and watch a file there's no need for a separate scheduled timeshift-recording.

How do I know if I have this plugin?

Hello,

How do I know if I have this plugin?
you can download it in the Member-Area, there you can find a manual too.

Then it will shown in the menu "Plugins" if you have installed it.

:)

Hello,

Thanks. I haven't downloaded anything except the DVBViewer beta. :)
Hello,

Do I need a super fast computer to use this plugin? I can't seem to play back my recordings smoothly in TSPlayer with DVBViewer recording in the background. I have an Athlon 64 3200+ (754 CPU) with 2 GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 (AGP; 128 MB), and Windows XP Pro. SP2 (all updates). Edited by antdude

No, on your system recording shouldn't use more than 1% of the CPU (on slower systems, too, by the way).

What exactly do you mean with "I can't seem to playback..."? Doesn't it work at all?

No, on your system recording shouldn't use more than 1% of the CPU (on slower systems, too, by the way).

What exactly do you mean with "I can't seem to playback..."? Doesn't it work at all?

Oops. I missed a phrase. I added the missing words in my earlier post.

As for CPU usage, I see about 10-20% from DVBViewer.exe v3.5. That is either just showing live video or in timeshifting mode. If I activate the plugin for recording, timeshifting, and watching in TSPlayer, then Task Manager shows TSplayer.exe hogging up to 90% of my CPU. No wonder my computer feels more sluggish and my video is choppy.

Playing my .TS files with tsplayer.exe only (no DVBViewer loaded), then I see its process go up to 20%.

Why don't you playback your recording in the DVBViewer? It's perctly possible to record in the background and playback or watch another channel (well with limitations of course -> only same transponder with one card).

Why don't you playback your recording in the DVBViewer? It's perctly possible to record in the background and playback or watch another channel (well with limitations of course -> only same transponder with one card).
Oooh, nice one. I noticed I have to use Record, not Time Shift. I think I will go delete the Plugins. :)

I can live with that. CPU was low too unlike TSplayer. What do you mean by same transponder? Is that like one channel (e.g., 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 -- ATSC)?

The easiest way to find out which channel you can view while recording is to switch with prg+ or prg- or open the OSD channellist, it show only the valid channels. You can also record more than one channel, as long as you follow the restrictions (the DVBViewer normally takes care of this).

The easiest way to find out which channel you can view while recording is to switch with prg+ or prg- or open the OSD channellist, it show only the valid channels. You can also record more than one channel, as long as you follow the restrictions (the DVBViewer normally takes care of this).
Ahh, I noticed I couldn't do it with time shifting. Again, had to use manual record mode. I was able to switch channels if it was decimal. I even got it to record three shows/subchannels (4.1, 4.2, and 4.3) at once! However, I can't switch to a major channel like 5.1 when recording 4.x. Is that how it works?

Yes obviously. I'm not that familiar with atsc, that's christians part. By technical terms: You can only switch to channels on the same frequency (while recording), cause the tuner on the card can only receive one frequency at a time.

You can see the different freuqencies and the according channels in the "normal" channellist. Just rightclick into it and select group by -> sat + frequency.