DVBViewer / XFX GeForce 7300LE / ForceWare 91.47

Lebeck

To improve picture quality on my Panasonic TH-42PV600E plasma TV I have recently installed a new graphics adapter: XFX GeForce 7300LE to get a DVI->HDMI connection.

First off all - Picture quality really improved drastically compared to the VGA connection I used before.

Software:

Windows XP SP2 - English version - with all updates from "windowsupdate.microsoft.com"

DVBViewer 3.5.0 PRO

Nvidia Driver 91.47

Hardware:

Dell Optiplex GX280 SFF

2,8 GHz P4

512 MB RAM

XFX GeForce 7300LE - Driver: Nvidia 91.47

FireDTV-C TV Tuner - BDA Driver Version: 4.2 - Firmware: 1.2.1

My problem:

To adjust light, contrast, gamma, Color etc. I use the "Nvidia Control Panel"... This also works perfectly in DVBViewer until I change the channel in DVBViewer. The is goes back to "standard"... which results in a VERY dark picture.

I then have to activate the "Nvidia Control Panel" or sometimes click on of the adjusting sliders in the "Nvidia Control Panel" to have DVBViewer resume the correct display settings. The picture flickers for 1-2 seconds when I do this and it then shows the correct and very nice and crisp picture.

To Use DVBViewer I therefore have to open the "NVidia Control Panel" and let is be open in the background and everytime i change the channel in DVBViewer I need to change focus to "Nvidia Control Panel" and then back to DVBViewer. Thy asking my girlfriend if she likes that :-)

My other mediaplayers (MyTheatre, MediaPortal, Windows Media Player, PowerDVD etc.) do not have this problem... I therefore suspect that the problem lies within DVBViewer.

I have attached 2 pictures to illustrate the problem. Does anyone have any idea what causes this?

Jan

post-27578-1159434380_thumb.jpg

post-27578-1159434400_thumb.jpg

Try 91.31 or 92.91.

Nvidia 92.91 Beta did the trick... but it is definately a beta driver. I thought that if I used the lastest WHQL driver from Nvidia everything would be fine... but no ;)

Looking forward to the final version of the 92.91 - I experience errors in functionality with this version... but that is to be expected with a beta version i guess.