Is Power Management safe to have to launch DVB Viewer's recordings

antdude

Hello!

I am thinking about enabling my power management for monitor (low CPU usage-screen saver), turn off HDD, and stand by. Are they OK to use when my computer is idled? Can DVBViewer launch from these events happening? I am trying to save power and keep my room cooler.

Thank you in advance. ;)

You could try the DVBViewer Scheduler, it starts your computer from standby or hibernate and the DVBViewer for recordings. As After recording action you can set standby or hibernate so the computer shuts automatically down when done.

A sleeping HDD can cause problems with recordings (at least some users reported it). The computer itself will never go in Standby when DVBViewer runs, this is with good reason, also the monitor will not go to sleep. ;)

You could try the DVBViewer Scheduler, it starts your computer from standby or hibernate and the DVBViewer for recordings. As After recording action you can set standby or hibernate so the computer shuts automatically down when done.

A sleeping HDD can cause problems with recordings (at least some users reported it). The computer itself will never go in Standby when DVBViewer runs, this is with good reason, also the monitor will not go to sleep. ;)

Sounds good. I guess I can live with my HDD not sleeping. Also, can I still have a password set on my XP account? I know when I return to Windows from standby, I get my XP logon screen. I am not sure if DVBViewer can run with the logon screen running after coming back from sleep/stand by.

Yes you can leave your passwort, you just have to enter it in the settings for the DVBViewer scheduler otherwise it won't work. I think there is an english readme/manual for the Scheduler in the membersarea (If I remember correctly).

Yes you can leave your passwort, you just have to enter it in the settings for the DVBViewer scheduler otherwise it won't work. I think there is an english readme/manual for the Scheduler in the membersarea (If I remember correctly).
Thanks again. I will look at it later.