audio hardware decoding

fenomeno83

Hello

I have read an articel in an tv magazin that the sound cards of Creative are not generally able to decode the signal in realtime like it matters if it's signal of the tv card or something others. So, I can't say you if it's possible, but when there should be a possibility, count me in. ;)

Well use the driver/documentation for the audiocard, that's what it's for.

Maybe use google to find something relating directshow audio decoders / your hardware. DVBViewer doesn't care about audiodriver settings, it only comunicates with and via directshow.

for example in intervideo windvd software I can set S/PID and so the dolby digital and dts decoding do my sound card/because in the general setting of my audigy i set the internal decoder of sound card);so putting s/pid in windvd the decoding changes from windvd to audigy2.

WinDVD uses it's on mpeg/audio decoders and offers the options there.

The only thing you can try is playing around with the options -> directX audio renderer, maybe this will help, but as I said, such things are normally to be set in the audiodecoder and/or soundcard driver.

in audio rendere I set sb audigy 2 zs audio[a800].but there is also directsound:sb audigy 2 zs audio[a800].I don't understand this:if I select an ac3 audio codec,the ac3 contents will process by codec but not from hardware decoding of my sound card!!(only selecting s/pid in audio decoder the decoding switch to sound card!)