Problem with Video not working

owngoal

I have just purchased the full version of DVBViewer to work with my AVerMedia Hybrid Cardbus. The software is really excellent - I know this beacuse I have it working correctly with the AVerMedia card on my old Dell laptop.

The problem I have however is with my main PC - a Dell Latitude D600 with a Mobility Radeon 9000 Adapter. - ( using the same AVermedia Hybrid Card ). The problem is that the audio works ok but the main video screen only displays a rapidly alternate flashing green and black on all channels. What is even more strange is that the video for the preview works ok in the top left hand corner and also the mosaic displays correctly.

I have tried to make changes to the Direct X settings but it is really trial and error and seems to make no difference. I have also tried to make changes to settings for the video adaptor card but to be honest I have little idea what changes may resolve this.

I have attached a jpg to show the an exaple with the preview working ( however the screenshot does not show the effect of the rapidly flashing green - only the back background of no main video.

Can you provide me with any suggestions to fix this. I have the lastest drivers loaded and am running winxp with Sp2.

Thanks

GL

I have just purchased the full version of DVBViewer to work with my AVerMedia Hybrid Cardbus. The software is really excellent - I know this beacuse I have it working correctly with the AVerMedia card on my old Dell laptop.

The problem I have however is with my main PC - a Dell Latitude D600 with a Mobility Radeon 9000 Adapter. - ( using the same AVermedia Hybrid Card ). The problem is that the audio works ok but the main video screen only displays a rapidly alternate flashing green and black on all channels. What is even more strange is that the video for the preview works ok in the top left hand corner and also the mosaic displays correctly.

I have tried to make changes to the Direct X settings but it is really trial and error and seems to make no difference. I have also tried to make changes to settings for the video adaptor card but to be honest I have little idea what changes may resolve this.

I have attached a jpg to show the an exaple with the preview working ( however the screenshot does not show the effect of the rapidly flashing green - only the back background of no main video.

Can you provide me with any suggestions to fix this. I have the lastest drivers loaded and am running winxp with Sp2.

Thanks

GL

Added small video caputure to show example of flashing screen

post-27583-1159580481_thumb.jpg