Viasat TV3

Lebeck

Hi,

I have problems viewing "Viasat TV3" using DVBViewer... when the channel is selected in the "Channel list" the screen goes blank, but EPG info is displayed. No audio aswell. The channel is found automatically when scanning for channels.

I have heard from a few other guys in a danish forum that they experience the exact same problem with DVBViewer. I do not know their HW setup.

I have no problems viewing "Viasat TV3" in other programs like MyTheatre and MediaPortal.

See the settings in the attached file.

Software:

Windows XP SP2 - English version - with all updates from "windowsupdate.microsoft.com"

DVBViewer 3.5.0 PRO

Nvidia Driver 92.91

Hardware:

Dell Optiplex GX280 SFF

2,8 GHz P4

512 MB RAM

XFX GeForce 7300LE

FireDTV-C TV Tuner - BDA Driver Version: 4.2 - Firmware: 1.2.1

post-27578-1159621793_thumb.jpg

dunno what's wrong. Is it 256-QAM ? There is an issue with high rate multiplexes. The firedtv-interface can't cope with such high rates. But there should be a workaround using hardware pid_filters. None of the developers has danish cable. Please add the usual support.zip to exclude directshow problems. Some of the scandinavian channels use rather low resolutions. What does the DVBViewer filter say?

dunno what's wrong. Is it 256-QAM ? There is an issue with high rate multiplexes. The firedtv-interface can't cope with such high rates. But there should be a workaround using hardware pid_filters. None of the developers has danish cable. Please add the usual support.zip to exclude directshow problems. Some of the scandinavian channels use rather low resolutions. What does the DVBViewer filter say?

It is QAM-64 ... (but actually QAM-256 is supported in the latest FireDTV firmware)... I will add the support.zip later this evening.

Edited by Lebeck

I have problems viewing "Viasat TV3" using DVBViewer... when the channel is selected in the "Channel list" the screen goes blank, but EPG info is displayed. No audio aswell. The channel is found automatically when scanning for channels.

I have heard from a few other guys in a danish forum that they experience the exact same problem with DVBViewer. I do not know their HW setup.

I have no problems viewing "Viasat TV3" in other programs like MyTheatre and MediaPortal.

I just see that Lebeck has posted the same problem as I have, while I was investigating and editing my posting ...

I have much additional diagnostics information in my posting: "TV3 on Danish TDCkabelTV Cable Network"

-- Erik Reeh

Hi 'Lebeck'

As you can see in the thread 'TV3 on Danish TDCkabelTV Cable Network', the problem is being worked ...

The question came up, whether you have the proper CI/CAM equipment - decryption hardware including a TDCkabelTV smart card ?