OSD language

linusalba

Hi, which is the easiest way to have OSD translated into an other language?

How can I translate OSD text into italian?

Should I look for xml files or what?

Thanks, Marco :bye:

Guest Lars_MQ

If one of our italian user would be so kind, we would most apreciate it. I said the same in a thread about the french language file: Our italian sucks or is non existent ;)

We will integrate it into the next beta (and full release) and update the translators part in the aboutpage >_<

I've started the italian traslation last saturday (with great hoping), but the work is much much more than what I've expected... ;)

But I have worked hard, and now remain to do (at least) the whole second half of the "Data" thread (more than 800 item!), but it's a very complex, repetitive >_< and long job, since I want make a good and real translation, so I often have to reopen DVBViewer to search for the results and control it in its context...

I'm also trying to give real "hints", not the simple repetition of the name of the command... :(

So please be patient, and give me some more time ... ;)

:bye:

Guest Lars_MQ

You may want to compare the values in the data section with the english reference lng file, cause there are several entries outdated and can be deleted (in the italian lng file).

And you are right, this is really a lot of work >_<

You may want to compare the values in the data section with the english reference lng file cause there are several entries outdated and can be deleted

>_< ...I'm using LangEditor with English.lng as source and Italiano.lng as target, and (at least till now) I don't remember any outdated entries (maybe they are further on ;)) but only ton of missing translations :( ...

How can I be sure to detect that outdated entries?

And, if founded, can I simply delete the whole line from Italiano.lng?

Thanks Gioxy for your job. >_< I use DVBViewer in english but my father don't speak english and use DVBViewer for sat tv :bye:

I will wait for your translation ;), ciao, Marco :(

Ok, I did the translation (at least until I have been able to... so consider it a beta)

Upload and read more in the post...

...please test it and suggest me all the improvements you like...

:)