Program Filter For EPG List

Guest Michael

Guest Michael

in the last day i switched through a lot of programs.... and now i have a list of 40 Programs :rolleyes:

maybe you could implement some filter where i can select which programs should be shown and which not.... e.g i only need:

ARD

ZDF

RTL

SAT1

RTL2

Some from PREM****

some programs like QVC or XZONE only send same epg 24h a day.... -> not needed....

and beeing able to tune a program by hiting the ENTER key would be cool as well ( like in channellist )

yes, I'd like that too... shoudn't be too difficult to implement. It just needs another checkbox in the channellist window ("Exclude from EPG" or so).

I think there is only one problem: Storing that additional information in the channels.dat without changing its format (and without the resulting compatibility fuzz). Maybe Christian has some "Unused: Byte" left over, or a byte value can be used bitwise... we'll see.

Griga

without the resulting compatibility fuzz
or he makes an extra inifile. I think we should not collect to many informations in one file. I prefere an separately file for every job. So its simple to change it also as a normal user. (for example the setup.ini)

There we are... I've just sent some code to Christian for excluding channels from the EPG. If it is working properly, we will see it in the next release.

There will be an additional checkbox in the channellist window/edit (Exclude from EPG) and the possibility to exclude a channel in the EPG-Window/What's now by selecting it and then pressing Del (Entf).

Griga

P.S. I forgot: And tuning a channel in the EPG What's now by hitting the Enter key.

That's not true... the thing above took two days. Sometimes, when I send an email to Christian "You might try this or that...", the reply with an DVBViewer update attached comes within half an hour!!!

For example, after the idea how to implement the channel scan with transponder lists was born... I think, he did it within 20 minutes, without any bugs! :rolleyes: I'll never achieve that speed...

Griga