No encrypted channels with Twinhan Mantis 3030

chansson

Hello

My name is Carl and I would very much appreciate some help with DVBViewer. I live in Sweden and I use a Twinhan Mantis 3030 DVB-T CI card and a Viaccess CAM to watch the Swedish supplier “Boxer”. The Free-To-Air channels work perfectly but the encrypted channels do not work in DVBViewer but it works in Twinhans own DTV software. I have DVBViewer 3.5.0 and I use the Twinhan BDA 1.0.2.4. in XPpro SP2 on a Intel P4 HT 2.6GHz computer.

When I try to access an encrypted channel I just get a message that says “No right” from the software. My CAM is approved by “Boxer” and I can use the CAMmenu to communicate with the module and the smartcard. According to the Module information in the CAM menu it is Viaccess 1.0 V484, Application v1.08.003 and the manufacturer is SCM.

I hope someone can help me because I’m very happy with DVBViewer as a program and the TwinhanDTV is not a very good software so I really don’t want to use it. :)

Best regards

Carl

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I have tried the DVBViewer PRO beta 3.5.0.50 but there was no improvement with the encrypted channels.

I would really like to solve this problem. :bye: Do you have any suggestions ???

Best regards

Carl

The problem is that if you use the sdk you are not really able to mess things up (at least if a alphacrypt and a conax cam is working in my case). All i can do is to drop the driver developer a note :bye:

Christian

• 2 weeks later...

Carl

Did you get the problem solved - I have the same problem and do not seem to get anywhere with the pay channels

Regards,

Jaco

Edited by jacofourie
  • 1 month later...

I have the exact same problem with Boxer and the twinhan 3040 card and the latest DVBViewer, no pay channels at all, works perfectly in twinhans app.

You should really not sell this software if it doesnt work properly. I'm pretty pissed at the lack of support, you say you cannot develop for these networks, what are you doing selling this software then ?? If it's only for German networks then make sure you say that on your website.

As far as I know the viaccess module is a standard, if you can't program for this then you have no place in this business, the replies here are complete bs, fix your software or get out of this business.

Edited by hm67

Well, if you bother to read the threads maybe you'll find my thread but you only seem to answer like 1% of them and the support tool gives nothing, it jsut lists selected codecs and stuff and thats not where the problem is.

Also, you never fix this problem in this thread did you ? You answered that you couldn't do anything about it so the conlusion is that you shoudl stop fooling peopel and list the specific networks it works for on your purchase page.

What you are doing is a complete scam, you claim DVBViewer works with dvb-t but in fact it can only show free channels and apparently from what I read above you only support pay channels in germany.

Again, this is a standard, the problem lies in your software, if you cannot do this then stop selling it. Now where can I apply for a refund ?

Edited by hm67

I agree, CA_support is poor. The support.zip does not show any hints for a solution (except to check CI in the hardware options). Users always get the same advices about mpeg_decoder_settings (some times it can be helpful but if FTA is working but none of the encrypted channels is cleared, it's pretty useless :D ).

The situation is as it is. There are too many CI_drivers, modules and cards. What can you expect from a program that costs only 15€ ? The devs program in their spare time without pay and don't have all the hardware that would be needed.

If the bundled software support your subscription, I'd recommend to use it :bye:

The devs program in their spare time without pay and don't have all the hardware that would be needed.

Why not make CA_support for several cards a low cost (5€) add-on? This would allow devs working on those to purchase some extra hardware to help them out and make some side income.

DVBViewer is worth 15€ (could be worth 20€ if some of the glitches are ironed out and provides an easier setup and keep-up-to-date mechanism) and I think most people would be willing to pay 5€ extra for proper CI/CAM support. I spend 260€ for the DVB-C card and for the Alphacrypt, so paying 15-25€ for good software is well worth it.

What you are doing is a complete scam, you claim DVBViewer works with dvb-t but in fact it can only show free channels and apparently from what I read above you only support pay channels in germany.

I can understand the frustration, but it is not fair IMHO. 15€ is good value for money for many of the purchasers. Second, I live in the Netherlands and as far as I know, most pay channels over cable are supported here. (No clue about DVB-T, but that is relatively new).

Edited by Klaus_1250
  • 1 month later...

We may not expect that the developers test all different DVB cards related to the different CAM's.

But: we may expect that the developers offer a better CAM settings menu or offer a developer file

where we can try to figure out some things to get it working.

I have only big cam problem under BDA drivers.

Small, but still not acceptable CAM problems with WDM drivers.

Does this mean that we have to blaim the DVBViewer developers? Sure not.

But it does mean that CI should be pinned as hot topic cause indeed, sure in Europe, CI is very important.

But as always: No information, no help.

Unfortunately, the support.zip and other gives no cam error info.

And, even in most cases, DVBViewer can access the cam and smartcard...even in my case with BDA drivers

but still show *nothing*. let's be more constructive and find a solution for CI problems.

If solvend, then the price of DVBViewer may be higher, more to 40-50 euro

Edited by Benarty
  • 5 months later...

You might want to try the latest drivers from Twinhan (1.0.5.9) and the latest beta of DVBViewer (3.6.4.12) to see if it works or not. A lot of improvements have been been regarding CI/CAM handling. If it does not work, check the debug.log, which should provide details about issues about the CI/CAM communications.

PS: Does it work with DigitalTV3.x from Twinhan?

You might want to try the latest drivers from Twinhan (1.0.5.9) and the latest beta of DVBViewer (3.6.4.12) to see if it works or not. A lot of improvements have been been regarding CI/CAM handling. If it does not work, check the debug.log, which should provide details about issues about the CI/CAM communications.

ok, thanx.

I have digitaltv3 installed. So maby thats the problem ^_^

ok, thanx.

I have digitaltv3 installed. So maby thats the problem ^_^

oops... i didn't read that right...

Yes it works fine with digitaltv3. so there is nothing wrong with the hardware

It works ^_^

thanx