Problem starting DVBServer

k1509

Have downloaded DVBServer, copied as the readme file show, but have some problem starting it. In Setting, network, Unicast, set userface to 10.0.0.2 (ip to the pc), changed port to 80, Click on Start. In IE typed http://10.0.0.2, but do not get any login. Pc is XP-home. Have also stoped the firewall, but it was the same. Have read the readme.file a few times, but do not see what I am doing wrong.

This is a copy from Debug:

10.10.2006 20:29:02 -- Server Start --

10.10.2006 20:29:14 SkyStar 2 TV PCI

10.10.2006 20:29:14 --- Start Server

10.10.2006 20:29:18 SO_SNDBUF: 4294967295

10.10.2006 20:29:18 GET / HTTP/1.1

Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-shockwave-flash, */*

Accept-Language: no

Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate

User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.40607)

Host: 10.0.0.2

Connection: Keep-Alive

rgds

Guest Lars_MQ

Hmm what are you trying to do? You can't use a webbrowser with the dvbserver. You can use the DVBViewer as a client for this server, cause it's only meant to transmit the dvbstream into the local network.

If you want a webinterface for the DVBViewer, you should use the webserver for DVBViewer found in the membersarea...

I had downloaded from members: Webserver Control 1.0.6 and reading the readme file it looked to me that I could use this to stream DVBViewer to another pc, but there is somthing that I am misunderstading and doing wrong. Have started the web-server, but where to I type the URL: 10.0.0.2

Guest Lars_MQ

OK once again, want do you want to do? You want a webinterface or you want to view TV viewer network?

For the webinterface you use the webserver. It is also able to stream (and transcode) the TV programm and display it in a webbrowser (works also over the internet), but in a local network you have better options without transcoding, which take a lot of cpu-power and the quality is more or less not so nice :)

The next option is streaming via the netstreaming plugin of the DVBViewer, which streams the channel currently shown in the DVBViewer. You can receive the stream with vlc, mpc or the DVBViewer. You can't switch directly the channel from the client, but indirectly with the webserver.

Then there is the dvbserver wich is in fact the reduced core of the DVBViewer (without recording, tv watching etc) but is able the talk to your dvb-card and send the streams into your local net. You receive the streams with a DVBViewer installed on your client. You have to set up the uni or multicast device in the options-> hardware setting. You can use the autodiscovery function in the dialog to get the serverdata corectly into the device. Just rember to set up the receiving type correctly (if you hav SAT you choose SAT for the netdevice, if you habe cable you choose cable and so on) and you have to have a valid channellist for your receptiontype on in the client DVBViewer. Channelscanning via net is not a good idea :D