Re-installling my Skystar 2 PCI card

Robin

I ran my Skystar 2 with DBVviewer v.3 successfully, but then removed it and removed the software for a time. I am now trying to re-install it. The Technisat installer identifies that the driver is still there, and then states that it must uninstall the previous software before a new installation. The uninstall programme then starts but exits with the error message "file technisat DVB\uninst.isu" not found.

I deleted the old technisat directory but there must be a trace somewhere which makes the installer think the software is still there. Does anyone have an idea of where I should look?

grateful for any help

Robin

You must delete a registry entry from the uninstaller.

Go to

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall]

there you should search (Ctrl + F) for "technisat". make a Backup of this entry (right mouse key -> export) and delete the whole key (on the left side).

Then it should work.

But be careful!

You must delete a registry entry from the uninstaller.

Go to

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall]

there you should search (Ctrl + F) for "technisat". make a Backup of this entry (right mouse key -> export) and delete the whole key (on the left side).

Then it should work.

But be careful!

Hartwig

Many thanks. I tried this, but it still did not work. I got an additional error message "RegDBGetKeyValueExfailed". Here are the relevant registry items in case it gives you any further clue.

(Default) REG_SZ (value not set)

DisplayName REG_SZ Technisat DVB Receiver

UninstallString REG_SZ F:\WINDOWS\IsUninst.exe -f"F:\Program Files\Technisat DVB\Uninst.isu"

Regards

Robin