Why - oooohhhh Why!

Lebeck

I'm sorry to keep bathering you with my problems with DVBViewer - but there is no way I can get the BETA 3.5.41 version and earlier beta version running(which supposedly solves a lot of minor issues incl. the TV3 problem in Denmark). Still get black screen (No Audio and No Video) when I apply any beta release (Have not tried any beta version below 3.5.22).

I have now reinstalled 3 different computers using both English and Danish Windows XP still I get no audio/video when applying BETA 3.5.xx. When running 3.5.0 - it runs flawlessly. No problems besides the missing TV3 channel.

Today I brought home a freshly installed PC (Dell Precision Workstation 380) from work and installed my FireDTV-C tuner (Driver: Light 2.3) and I applied the 2 pathces as recommended by Digital Everywhere. Before upgrading to 3.5.xx I was able to find 351 channels when scanning for channels and the picture and sound was perfect. Then I applied 3.5.41 and started the application again resulting in NO AUDIO/VIDEO :) The trying to scan for channels again- Found 0 channels!!!

I have tried Nvidia Drivers 71.84, 91,47 & 92.91 on 3 different Nvidia Graphic Adapters in 3 different PC's - makes no difference.

I'm finding it very hard to think that the problem lies in all my different PC's - something must be wrong in the BETA releases. Are you sure you did not change some (FireDTV) code somewhere along the way in the beta releases (before 3.5.22)?

Other software installed:

Grisoft AVG Antivirus

PowerDVD 7

All updates - both critical and recommended updates - from www.microsoft.com.

Hardware:

Pentium 2,8 GHz

1024 MB RAM

500 GB HDD

XFX GeForce 7300LE (Nvidia)

FireDTV-C tuner (Firmware 1.2.2)

Viaccess 4.84 CAM

TDC KabelTV smartcard

support.zip

Edited by Lebeck

It seems I'm not the only one having problems with the DVBViewer Beta's and FireDTV:

Cloudy wrote:

"Thanks for the update, but it is giving me more problems than 3.5.0 - it is not working anymore with my firedtv (none of the channels are working now!) though everything still works on my twinhan adapter. I'm using dvb-c from tdc."

Link: http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14748

Edited by Lebeck

Lars_MQ finally figured out the problem... there is some issue with the file Hardware.xml.

Solution... just delete the file: hardware.xml - and DVBViewer is back to working flawlessly again. DVBViewer recreates a working hardware.xml file on startup.

Now running beta 3.5.41 - and it's working PERFECTLY!!!

Thank to the developers at DVBViewer.com

Guest Lars_MQ

Well with the new Beta you don't have to delete the whole Hardware.xml. If you have more cards it's a little bit anonying. In Lebeck's case I just wanted to be sure there are no other interactions. :)

Solution without deleting the hardware.xml:

- Choose Options -> Hardware

- Select the desired Device

- Press the delete button

- Do a manual hardware detection by pressing the Search Devices button.

The device will be found and entered into the devicelist with the default settings. Check if everything is set, what needs to be set and you have it. :)